Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
3,003 Posts
try getting it used man. From classifieds, as long as it works.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried getting one on ebay...and have been going back and forth with the guy for 2 weeks, and just decided to be done with it and order it new... I'm more of a new stuff guy, anyway...some stuff is ok used, but when it's so expensive anyway, I feel better if I'm the first person to install it...a lot of stuff I just don't trust...sometimes you just can't tell how well someone REALLY took care of things...got burned a few months ago on a chevy blazer because a lot of the stuff the guy told me he did to it he never did, but I had no way of knowing until sh*t started acting up on me...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote from CxHatch:

i doubt ull have it tommorrow before 10am.
Quote from an email a few minutes ago...

The Civic Turbo didn't make the UPS truck tonight.. I tried to make it, but they were already gone. It'll go out overnight air tomorrow morning and you'll have it by 10am Wednesday morning.. sorry about that.
CxHatch: 1, spdracer22: 0

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
that's a pretty good deal man and if you end up getting it tomorrow that's even better...Good purchase man, I would have to say you can't go wrong w/ a decent price and BRAND NEW!!!!
Post up some pics and let us know how the install goes...Good luck

D

·
0 Posts
I know it sucks when people bash you when you just bought something so don't take this as that please, but is there any reason you got a greddy kit? You have tough emisions like cali or what?

I spent $2k on my kit and I got revhard mani, tial 38mm gate, greddy BOV, precision sc-61 turbo, precision FMIC, all the piping, DP, test pipe, rc 550 cc injectors, hondata s200B with hondata p28, injector clips, boost gauge and oil pressure gauge.

Don't get me wrong some things greddy makes are awesome, but their mani's and turbo's suck. The mani is barely better than an hf and the dsm internal gate turbo is not woth it either, that is like a 14b or small 16g. From what I have seen a car with a good ihe and a greddy kit with FMIC is faster only in .10 (tenths) not seconds. Yes they make more power on the dyno and butt dyno, but not a whole lot more and it just never seems to make it et or trap all that much higher.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand that I probably could have gotten a better "kit" cheaper, but the one thing that drew me to the greddy kit is that it is a kit. I know I won't be missing anything...I'll have all the gaskets and bolts I need, and I won't have to try to custom fit intercooler piping, etc. This is my first turbo build, and while I'm sure I could build something bigger and better, I don't want to overlook anything that could hurt my daily driver in the end. I know that I'm buying quality parts and that it's a direct fit for my car.

My original plan was to build a complete turbo setup for less than $2000, and I tipped the scales at $2,001.66 with the kit I was going to buy off of ebay. That includes a complete Y8 IM with all sensors, injectors, fuel rail, and tb, fmic, bov, spark plugs, boost and a/f gauges, and a wideband 02 setup from Moates.com, plus a few extras. Since I instead went with the new 96-00 greddy kit instead of the 92-95 kit, my total is at about $660 higher. But, with the new kit, I gain the emanage, better injectors, and charge piping that will fit perfectly with the new IM. So, what this does for me is gives me a great reliable DD setup that I can add to and upgrade in the future. Plus, there are a lot of people on this board that are running greddy kits and are quite happy with them.

Also, I don't understand how a car making 175whp isn't but a few .1's faster than a car making 95whp...I would think it would take a really crappy tune, a lot of wheelspin and missed shifts for it to be slower... I could see possibly 1/8 would be a bit closer, since rpms aren't at their highest, but at the 1/4 mark? I'd be quite suprised...but maybe I'm wrong...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post up some pics and let us know how the install goes...Good luck
I plan on taking lots of pictures and doing a little writeup on both the turbo install and the IM swap... Maybe I've missed them, but I haven't seen any turbo install or IM swap writeups on here...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts