Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having issues on y7 to y8 conversion, wiring my 2ndary o2 sensor ... I just found out I needed to ground my shield wire, so I did.
This should have fixed all my o2 wiring issues ... I've covered everything that the Honda manual says to check. It still has the CEL (65) Secondary Heated O2 Sensor Circuit.

Could I have shorted that part of the circuit board on the ecu becuase of the shield wire? Is there a way to check it; maybe if I take the cover off?

·
Registered
248 Posts
look for black burn marks on the bottom of the board.. but i doubt u did that, i dont even know if it is possible to burn just a small part of the ecu and cause only one problem.. but try switching grounding points and making sure they r the right ones...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the y8 harness, which doesn't have the 2ndary o2 sensor because it runs under the dash instead. So, I had to wire it straight to the ecu. I found out that it uses a shield wire, which I used; but forgot to ground it to the other wiring.

2ndary o2s still doesn't work .. my y7 harness is pretty hacked up from expermentation .. but at this point I think I'm going to need to use it in place of y8 wiring.

I really am enjoying my 1st swap, but I need help with my nightmare!

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
hmm you shouldnt have to have the 2nd one wired up never heard of that

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on ex there's an o2 sensor that runs after the cat, up into the floorboard, at the interior/center console. It connects to a harness that runs up behind the HVAC & into the ecu.

On the other hand, the dx harness has primary & 2ndary o2s wired into the cat, near the front of the engine/bay. There's no plug at the interior sub harness, though the Honda manual says it should be there.

I should be able to run wires into the ecu directly, but it says there's an open/short circuit.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
on ex there's an o2 sensor that runs after the cat, up into the floorboard, at the interior/center console. It connects to a harness that runs up behind the HVAC & into the ecu.

On the other hand, the dx harness has primary & 2ndary o2s wired into the cat, near the front of the engine/bay. There's no plug at the interior sub harness, though the Honda manual says it should be there.

I should be able to run wires into the ecu directly, but it says there's an open/short circuit.
hmm this is why i have only used obd-1 and obd-0 easy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, my car runs decent, but I won't be able to smog as it blows CEL on obd2b

·
Registered
721 Posts
I would go back to the old harness, and pretend that the second 02 sensor isn't there, theres not a hook up for the secondary one on the old harness correct? so hows the ecu goin to know the difference. Its still the same ecu and shit, you just swapped engines right?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it is obd2b, I want to keep it legal, the dx had 2 o2 sensors .. one before the intergral cat/exhaust manifold, one after. So, I can lengthen the 2ndary & it should be fine ... just lotsa work to get it all back together.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Juicedz, please describe? .. I never heard of a simulator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts