Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I had finally got my turbo Y8 running right then this happened. Was running the engine to test the new crank position sensor, I let it get up to operating temperature and took it to 4 or 5k rpm while watching the AFR gauge very carefully, it revved up nice and smooth so I turned the car off. Went to turn the key back to ignition so I could reconnect my laptop to the ecu and noticed that my AFR gauge wasn’t on like it should have been. The check engine light was on but so dimly that I could barely see it. It cranked but wouldn’t start. SManager can’t connect to the ecu. I went to check the fuses and noticed that the 80amp and 40amp battery and ignition fuses looked a tad suspicious. The metal strips inside weren’t burnt but they seemed to lack a sort of green coating that was on the metal strips in the other fuses. I don’t know if those two fuses are just different from the others or if they are supposed to have that coating and it burned off. Would that even disrupt the circuit enough to cause a no start? I am rather concerned for my ecu as I am running those different impedance DSM injectors, but i very carefully wired the correct resistors into the injector harness and checked it with a multimeter a million times over. I’m at a complete loss here, any ideas will help.

Finger Electronic device Measuring instrument Rectangle Thumb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you checked with a meter that the big fuses are still good? Visual inspections can only go so far. It's unlikely the ECU got damaged, the fuses are there to protect that from happening. How's the new crank sensor look, anything suspicious around there? If the main 80A fuse is blown or only partially connected that could explain the dim gauge lights.

Reactions: EFB055 and robgoof

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shorts in general, sure, but the primary inspection point should be your injector harness. Trust me I've also checked something 300% and still managed to miss a problem. Really go through it, since that's what you most recently changed and now you have this problem so my suspicion leans towards that as your issue.

Also having owned several DSMs, you first issue was putting DSM parts in your car. Kidding ;) What did you install, 450cc first gen injectors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts