Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A short short while ago on an Air Force base far far away a young D series fanatic happened to be drive past this gem (see below) while on his way to his center of employment, however the fanatic glanced and continued to drive his milennium cummins to work.

Cut story to two months later and the Golden civic still was not purchased by any prospective buyers all citing "it's too rough around the edges", or "the ac doesn't work ". None of which fazed the fanatic. One fateful Saturday a cal to the owner was made, a dea was struck and the rest as they say is history.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All shenanigans aside this is my Daily hatch, my little gas getter, pretty much all stock except for a jdm D15b notec with the dpfi manifold slapped on, best part is I got it for $1k from a coworker, and the ac works! Only on fan speed 4 unfortunately, the resistor pack is going out, hoping to snag a good one at my local pick and pull's half off sale. As far as mods go in starting with a clean slate again so the sky is the limit but finding a starting point is without a doubt the hardest part for me. It runs great! But for sure these terrible 17's need to go, then I'll probably start by lowering it on some egay coils (until I can afford GC's) and extended top hats then throw some new bushings at it. Either way it's a great to be a member of DSO and here come the pics (A few of the whip and some of me polishing the turn signal lenses and dpfi cover and fixing the ac power wires)

Attachments

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
The head looks like it was replaced recently. Nice pick up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Been a little busy lately gathering a few parts for my mpfi swap

Got the entire setup for $54 while the junkyard was having a sale, also got my injector o ring kits and intake manifold fasket from rock auto, pretty good deals there as the entire set of injector o rings for $24 shipped for all 4.

Also managed to finally put my leveling kit on the dodge as well

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would suggest going to stock lights too, while you are doing your eGay coil swap. Why not go with something like Progress lowering springs? They are like $150, get the job done, and ride like 1000x better than an eBay setup. They aren't adjustable, but it is something like a 1.5" drop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked into the progress setup, I won't be switching wheels anytime soon so the egay coils are out of the window, presently I'm knee deep in my mpfi swap on the hatch, just got wiring done during day 2 here are some pics

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's just a bunch of writing I wrote on there so I could remember to do small things like add in coolant and tighten up various hose connections, but after I picked up my injectors from getting sonic cleaned I threw em in and connected the battery and got it to run!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So today I wrapped everything up by installing the ecu under its cover plate filling it up with coolant and hooking up all the misc crap that was still discoed. When I was done I took it for a test drive and was pretty satisfied with my work other than the fact it seems like the motor tops out at around 5500 rpms. I'm not throwing any cel's and I have no vacuum leaks either, my idle is stable around 600 rpms after it warms up and it's not sputtering or anything. This is on a 88 pm6 manual ecu He'll maybe tomorrow I'll check valve lash and timing for funsies. And if anyone has any ideas of where else I should check if appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update, inbetween work and home life with the wife and kids I managed to get the valve lash done right and now no ticking noise and it seems to run a little better, I also decided where Im gonna go with this,

Engine- Jdm D15B single stage vtec from hmo with p08 ecu on jumper harness
Exedy oem replacement with their PP that supposedly has a 40% increase in clamping force (hopefully) gonna use my dx trans, and hopefylly grab a decent ebay 4-1 header and 2 1/4 exhaust with N1 style fart bomb at the JDM angle, I just like the look of it ha,

Suspension plans are to ditch the 17's in favor for some GSR blades or fat fives (polished of course) and some function and form type 1's, and an alignment once I dial it into the perfect height I like. maybe a strut bar for the front for funsies. and to compliment my b+m short shifter I got a 4.5" skunk 2 extention for my dragonball shift knob and maybe an nrg steering setup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah so today while i was picking up some Christmas gifts for my kids at the local walmart i came outside and saw my car door cracked a little bit, comes to find out some thieves stole my tools, my drill, a half empty antifreeze bottle, and my shift knob out of my car, pretty bummed about losing the tools ive aquired over the last 5 years but it was all pretty much from harbor freight so it will be easy to replace i guess. Im just thankful i still have my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts