Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i have a small oil leak in my motor. if i look closely i think its coming from either the distributor o ring or possibly the valve cover gasket. i've seen another thread around here with a similar location but with tons more oil then i have. I threw some cardboard underneath it and i have merely a few drips but its enough to bother me. I'm gonna upload some pics and order a valve cover gasket and update this thread. i suppose this is my first real attempt to get interactive on here instead of just lurking. any suggestions let me know. thx.

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you decide to replace the dizzy o-ring mark where the dizzy is so you can set it back the same. And when doing the valve cover gasket don't cross thread or break the bolts. Other than that its self explanatory. Don't forget to hook the ground back up and clean it up with some sand paper while its apart.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
1st, go get some engine degreaser, follow directions and rinse away. Then you will see clearly exactly where your leak is coming from. That's what I did to mine and a buddy's z6. I replaced my vtec solenoid and resealed it, I put a new cam seal and replaced my valve cover gasket. So far so good.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This ^^ or, if you have access to it, [if not the kits a cheap enough at napa], UV Leak Detection works great. Save the engine shampoo for when you have found and fixed the leak or leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts