Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
My SI!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well ive been trying to diagnose the problem with my car. my car was acting weird for some time and it was miss firing all the time. it sounded like a suabru. i went out to honda and replaced everything. Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Fuel filter, and injectors that have been flowed and cleaned. the car runs much better now, but it still misfires. timing is on point and the dizzy has been changed not to long ago. im starting to think its my alternator. my alternator needs replacement. it reads 11.5-12V. i changed my battery so im sure its the alternator. im just wondering would a bad alternator cause a car to miss fire. im also getting the check engine light and the code is 9 which is No.1 cylinder position. hopefully you guys can help me out and get this bitch to run right.

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
are you getting 11.5-12 when its running or not running? if while its running then alt is bad... with low voltage its possible to have probs, replace it, and then see how it runs.... if it still runs like ass then check the crank sensor...

sloopy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts