Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic si hb
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dgold31 turbo hatch build (slow and steady) pics*

hello my names Dillon i got a 94 civic si hatchback. I have recently decided to go turbo and as most noobs do thought it was a lot easier than it is. But from snooping and reading around i have learned a lot and still have a lot more to learn.

So i figured i would post a build up for fun its gonna be slow since im only 18 working part time but nuff said here we go

So i decided to do it right !!! here is the new motor setup

Goals
hp- 450
tq- 300

motor
==block==
moroso oil pan
felpro oil pan gasket
kng rod bearings
eagle rods
cp pistons 75.5mm
ported oem oil pump
arp head studs
go autoworks black box delete
glowshift sandwich plate
golden eagle block guard

==head==
supertech valve guides
supertech valves
supertech valve springs / retainers
supertech valve seals
manley steel locks
bisi 2.4 cam
bisi adjustable cam gear
port/polished
custom vc vented
msd cap and external coil
msd wires

==intake==
Skunk 2 pro series manifold
omni power 70mm throttle body
rc 750 injectors
aem fuel rail
Golden eagle thermal gasket
speed factory 4bar map sensor

==turbo setup==
Gt3255e
custom down pipe
spoolin performance full ram horn manifold
tial 38mm
custom dump tube
ebay piping 2in before fmic 3in after
ebay fmic 10x21x3
custom 10an oil return
go autoworks 3an oil feed line
hks bov or tial 50mm -(still need)

==misc==
walbro 255
aem wideband
autometer boost guage
autometer oil pressure gauge
hondata s300

*Basis
94 civic hatch

*Motor
d15b

*Mods on Motor
password jdm whale penis(no good for turbo)
strut headers(no good for turbo)
greddy exhaust(might be used)

*Other mods
tein basics
rota track r's
lca's
rear strut
camber adjustable front upper controls
----------------------------------------------------

Well thats what im working with motor has about 50k miles on it so im hoping it wont to do bad when i check for compression and what not. i do plan on doing this right i want it to last and any help you guys can give would be great.

*Goals
hp- 230
tq-170 180 ?

For the turbo kit right now i have

*Turbo parts
Cheap used turbo kit (me being noob got it not know what i was doin)
-manifold (for a b series)
-t3/t4 .50ar turbo (one seal is bad)
-waste gate
-piping
-intercooler (9.5x20 so not the tiny one)
-blow of valve
-down pipe (im keeping ac so will have a custom one)
D series manifold
Hondata s300 ecu
440cc injectors (i was reading the "if you wanna go turbo" and he said go with 880cc will 440 do fine ?)

*Turbo parts needed
Turbo
Oil feed lines
walbro 255
boost gauge

... let me know what you guys think thanks dillon
===================^^^^^^blown up^^^^^^=================

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
^^my turbo kit was 500 said and done with basically all new parts. You just have to know where to source your stuff.
Goodluck man. You will enjoy it. We have a stock ls motor that had a 57 trim kit on it and dropped it in a gutted eg matched to a b16 trans an equal length manifold and a 50 trim. At 20psi bone stock it did 380 with a bomb ass powerband. Breakin free at 80mph plus bro. Rapin carbbed 1000's

·
Registered
94 civic si hb
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i wasnt sure about the rail and reg but def upgrade the pump ? and im thinking my 230 goal might be a little high on stock internals ? maybe like 200 is better and i just wanna do it right the first time so it last long

·
Registered
1998 Civic dx Hatch
88 Posts
Do you happen to have a link for where you read to use an aftermarket rail and reg? I'm looking to go turbo and could use the info.

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
^^my turbo kit was 500 said and done with basically all new parts. You just have to know where to source your stuff.
Goodluck man. You will enjoy it. We have a stock ls motor that had a 57 trim kit on it and dropped it in a gutted eg matched to a b16 trans an equal length manifold and a 50 trim. At 20psi bone stock it did 380 with a bomb ass powerband. Breakin free at 80mph plus bro. Rapin carbbed 1000's
A bone stock B18a/b pushing 380hp?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
stock rail and regulator are fine to over 400whp....why waste the money.....and the only reason to get an adjustable fpr is to up the rail pressure and push the injectors farther than they should......however your 440cc inj with flow more than the stock block could hold.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Ya a stock block ls at 380. Did I studder? Lol.

Stock gsr on gt30r on 18psi did 450 on 91. At 11psi did 330's

Now the car with the ls is on 24psi stock engine and backed the boost down until the track day comes up so 15 for now.

You don't need a rail or reg right now. A pump for your injectors would be a better idea.

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
yeah u dont need a rail and reg. Just read over some other ppls builds on here, they will teach you alot.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
you should buy my RC 310cc injectors!! thats what i used on my last motor that made 230whp and they did fine...

·
Registered
94 civic si hb
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was talking to one of my buddy's and he said to do it but i am gonna go with you guys and not to A. save money B. if i don't need it

xxjdmcivic i already got dsm 440cc they should be big enough

and just asking do you think just getting a ebay turbo will do fine for this build ? to save money

·
Registered
94 civic si hb
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i got a few minor updates i scored a duckbill, lip, mud flaps, and media console, witch relocates my head unit down and i plan on putting my gauges in were the old one went so i don't have that ugly pod thing on the side. Also for a turbo i decided to try to find a used gt28 or gt35

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
egay turbo kit.... look around alittle harder to fine you something better..... them kits dont last long... if your close to the carolinas check out carolinahondas.com there is like 3-5 d-series turbo kits on there for sale now.... hell check it out maybe theyll ship it to you.... thanks for not being a stupid noob and going about this with a head on ur shoulders..... if you need an intercooler i have an extra one hit me up

·
Registered
29 Posts
well i got a few minor updates i scored a duckbill, lip, mud flaps, and media console, witch relocates my head unit down and i plan on putting my gauges in were the old one went so i don't have that ugly pod thing on the side. Also for a turbo i decided to try to find a used gt28 or gt35
i have a gt28 its a great little turbo im making 184 whp at 9 psi not tuned/automatic

·
Registered
94 civic si hb
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i wanna see how the intercooler i got works its a descent size but ill let you know and i dont want a ebay turbo anymore i think im gonna try to find a used gt28 gt35 looks a little to big

·
Registered
1991 Honda civic HB
42 Posts
Dont rush your turbo choice. Shop around, you'd be suprized what pops up...Collect all your little things you'll need. They always seem to be the last minute pain in the ass parts to find....All in all should be a reliable set up. GL meng, keep us posted. Dont forget how much we all love pics ;)

1 - 20 of 181 Posts