Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so as some of u know i am tunning noob, i finally got stuff running and i tune each time i drive

my arfs are arond 11.3-.6 with this under boost....still working on it, just wanted a few ppl to look at it and give me any advise or makesure it looks o k. thanks

Attachments

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
what psi? when do you see full boost?

look at the map in 2d graphs, its pretty uneven and tapers off in the upper RPMs. your fuel values actually go down when you are near redline

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
o sry im goin at 7psi right now i see full boost about under 4000

i noticed that to its prolly caz i dont go past 6500 really so i havent messed with em

edit: thanks for looking

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am far from done

question i do i need to adjust stuff in my high cam fuel map under my vtec engagement

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i am far from done

question i do i need to adjust stuff in my high cam fuel map under my vtec engagement
no

here's how i start a vtec tune:

turn vtec off in your editor. now tune the boost portion of the map well above where you are going to have vtec engage. get it pretty close to where you want your AFRs

now enable vtec, but make it activate at like 3000rpm. tune your vtec map all the way to redline pretty close to where you want your actual AFRs.

now set vtec to the stock engagement rpm and do a pull. if you are on a dyno, there will be a decent dip in power once vtec engages. tune your high cam map at that point, adding or pulling fuel until the dip is as close to smooth as you can get.

fine tune from there

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
no

here's how i start a vtec tune:

turn vtec off in your editor. now tune the boost portion of the map well above where you are going to have vtec engage. get it pretty close to where you want your AFRs

now enable vtec, but make it activate at like 3000rpm. tune your vtec map all the way to redline pretty close to where you want your actual AFRs.

now set vtec to the stock engagement rpm and do a pull. if you are on a dyno, there will be a decent dip in power once vtec engages. tune your high cam map at that point, adding or pulling fuel until the dip is as close to smooth as you can get.

fine tune from there
wow, you know your shit.......:TU:

i need to learn more on tuning...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts