Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just got finished packaging up the stock camshaft and going to mail it out to Delta tomorrow! I rang them beforehand to check what they do, and aswell as the 272 and 282 the guy said they could probably do a 292...

I am getting the 282 for now, but if i like the way that runs and think theres more potential, then i am definitely going to send another cam over and get the 292!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well, just been and picked the block up, having been bored. As thats done and they have finished with the pistons i took the opportunity to fit the pistons and rods when i got home.

The place that did the machine work, also got me a full set of ACL race bearings (rod and main bearings) aswell as new thrust washers. Now i have everythign to put the whole bottom end together when i get the time! Hopefully get a good lot of that done by the end of the weekend!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Being as its my DD, i want to see how it performs with the 282 first really. If it still drives pretty well when im not getting on it, then ill be getting the 292 for sure. I have a 3rd cam laying about somewhere which is stock and i can get that sent off, I could then have the choice of 272, 282 or 292 to throw in there at any time!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Finally got a few minutes spare this evening. Started rebuilding the bottom end. Got the crank in and the pistons/rods. So i feel a sense of achievment now that things are going back on rather than being taken off and being stripped more!

My ARP head studs turned up today, so now all i am waiting for is the valve springs and retainers to finally turn up, and for the camshaft to get to delta, so they can get that back to me asap!

Once they are both sorted ill have all the major components i think! :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Its getting there!!

So, i just got done fitting my new valve springs and retainers, which finally got here via canada!! Heres a few snaps of a before and after for those of you that havent seen the front page...!

Before:

And now!!

Also been piecing the bottom end together slowly. Going to have a big push this weekend to get most of the work done.
So before was a sorry state....

Now it looks like this!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well, after debating whether to get a delta 292 aswell as a 282, i decided against it in the end. The 282 is now on its way back to me, after taking 6 weeks to get there!

I have also just bought another camshaft that will be on its way to bisimoto in the next few days.

So bring on the Bisimoto Level 3!

I can see this car ending up as my weekend car if it becomes un-useable as a daily driver....:confused:

Oh well! lol :TU:

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
that looks awesome man. How did those rods fit? Did you have to do any shaving or anything? If they fit well...I may get me some of those instead of paying so much for Eagles. I know with TT's you sometimes have to shave the sides...I didn't like the idea of that.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
that looks awesome man. How did those rods fit? Did you have to do any shaving or anything? If they fit well...I may get me some of those instead of paying so much for Eagles. I know with TT's you sometimes have to shave the sides...I didn't like the idea of that.

I had that problem, my block is bored to accept the pistons, whcih was only .20 over, or whatever it is and the rods didnt fit down that. Wasnt really any hassle tho,. Just a bit of patience and work with a file and they went down. Its not like taking off half an inch or anything. Apart from that i cant see anythign bad about the rods.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The Build is DONE!

So, after a long time of doing this build, i am finally ready to drop the beast in! Im going to go over it once mroe tomorrow morning, and make sure everything is tight, then its just the last couple of brackets left to go on.

I hope to start the swap tomorrow at some point... Should make sure i have some time to sort out the bugs before i go back to work!

A run down of the final setup for you all....

D16Y7
Ported head etc.
Endyn Rollerwave pistons 75.5mm bore - 12.54:1 C/R
TT Rods
ACL race bearings
Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold
KMS Valve springs and titanium retainers
DC 4-2-1 manifold (may be the weak link here)
Tanabe SMR cat back system with cat bypass.
Bisimoto Level 3 Cam Lift and duration = 0.472/0.449 (268/252)
Chipped P06 ECU
60mm TB
Y8 Injectors
ARP headstuds
Maybe a few other things that i have forgotten to put up. But you get the idea!

ITB project is next up when i have this all running...!

Im not too sure how streetable this is going to be.....:noway:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Ok bitches, heres the big update.

ITS IN! Over the last couple of days ive been swapping this engine in, and considering its the first swap in one of my own cars i was pretty pleased.

When i had it all in, it wouldnt start yesterday, but ive solved that now, the injectors werent working....! Could be something to do with it!

So at the moment i have it up and running on a basemap that has gotten me going, the only problem is i cant get it to idle yet without stalling. So i think im going to have to look at that tomorrow. Just have it idle high or something.

Considering its not tuned, and could do with a couple of little tweeks, when it gets going it feels good. I can tell there is a hell of a lot to come out of this engine when its all set up properly.

So hopefully tuning will be in the next few weeks, all being well, after checking to make sure all is ok.

Ill see if i can get a couple of clips of it running if i manage to get it to idle.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
congrats man!!! cant wait to see some vids and stuff... i should have a semi all motor build coming shortly also
12:1 compression, my exo stage 3 cam, crower valvetrain, maybe some headwork, and some itb's

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
congrats man!!! cant wait to see some vids and stuff... i should have a semi all motor build coming shortly also
12:1 compression, my exo stage 3 cam, crower valvetrain, maybe some headwork, and some itb's

Sounds good! Once this is all up and running properly the next step is to look at ITB's. I snagged a set of CBR ITB's on ebay the other week, so they are here ready for making up properly.

I just cant wait to get this thing sorted properly! Another change might be an EX tranny, might make third a bit more useable at a slightly slower speed....

41 - 60 of 83 Posts