Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
good luck on this build. Iwanted to go all motor y7 before, then went the mini me route. that didn't work, then thought about SC. Now back to all motor y7 :TU:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Ok guys, another update as more parts turned up today! Ones ive been waiting for for a couple of weeks, but now they are here, so i am happy..!

BEHOLD..!

Ultra-lite I-Beams which i bought off ebay. Look very good, and more then capable of the power i intend to be putting out. Come very well packed, have a light coating of oil and al well wrapped up.

Got them for insurance to make sure there can be NO problems with this engine when shes running! And they come with ARP rod bolts which is something else i dont have to go searching for!

Anyway, just thought id share as i get ever closer to the last few bits!

Injectors and 2 wire IACV with plug should be on there way sometime very soon, then i should be getting a GSR throttle body all being well, then i will have all the bits i need!

Hopefully i will be getting the head back from being ported sometime this week. The company doing it are VERY busy at the moment as its the beginning of the race season, but all good things come to those who wait!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Good Stuff!! Relieved about that now! Thats the problem with having to source al the parts for my build from the States, if something is wrong then its a pain in the ass to sort out a return! Luckily ive had no problems so far - touch wood.

The rods and the P29 pistons have been taken to the same place that is porting the head at the moment. They are going to machine the small end slightly so its right for the pistons, and then put them together!

I am also about to buy some new springs and retainers from KMS racing (www.honda-performance.com) They have the right bits for the Y7, and as i want this thing to be bullet proof, im doing everything i can for it! I think i will get them ordered on monday though.

Anyone else using there stuff?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
gloryhog said:
Nice build man.... What brand of rods are they??? And if you you or ryan already stated ...just biatch slap me!
I assume the brand of them is Ultra-lite. I couldnt say for sure and i cant check at the mo as i am having the rods and pistons put together. Maybe Ryan can give some more info if he appears...

I bought them from Speed-o-motive on eBay and they also have a website which is www.speedomotive.com

I rang them a couple of times and they were very helpful. When i hadnt heard anything about the rods being shipped, i rang them and they said they were in the process of making some more. Sooooo, it could be that they make them themselves, but it could be that i mis heard or something.

In anycase, they are sturdy looking rods that should be able to handle anything i have planned to throw at it!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Picked up the head and intake mani from the shop today, as it was there being ported. They didnt rush things as its been about 6 weeks!! lol

Anyway, it looks like a quality job, i cant fault it at all. Ill get some pics up tomorrow, as its 1 in the morning here. But thats one more piece of the puzzle in place!!! :TU:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Bump this shit back to the top!

Time for an update.

After suffering from a severe lack of enthusiasm i have finally gotten back to putting this bad boy together.

I just got off the phone from 2 places. The first being KMS Engine Development. www.honda-performance.com I placed an order for a set of Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers. Springs good to 10k RPM so shouldnt be a weak link there!

The second phone call was to Endyn. Where i ordered myself a new set of pistons and rings. I went for the 75.5mm bore mid dome pistons giving a compression ratio of 12.54:1. Hopefully that should be enough!

Next on the list of things to do is get the stock Y7 cam i have here shipped off to delta for them to work some 282 magic on it!

·
wise in the ways of the B
1,861 Posts
Very nice. It looks like your build is coming along great!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just a couple of shots of how i spent my afternoon.
Getting imaptient waiting for bits, so i decided to get the block ready to go off and be bored.

And yes, i know it looks a very ghetto workshop. But im afraid it cant even be classed as a workshop!

I started working on this a while ago, and some stuff was in the shed, and i was doing most work in the dining room.... Then i was kicked out of the dining room into the shed, and now ive been kicked out of the shed!

Now all ive got is a small corner of the summer house... :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very nice... I love how things always go wayy overboard when it comes to cars. :D

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Got home from work today, and pulled up my drive to find a delivery van there and someone talking to my mum, wasnt sure what for untill she asked if i was expecting something from america....

Considering i ordered my parts late on thursday i thought it couldnt be for me..! But look what the lovely brown box contained! :)

They look so nice, its a shame to put them in the engine!

But a massive :TU: to Endyn, that is some awesome shipping. Must have been sent on friday, and on my doorstep by monday!

21 - 40 of 83 Posts