Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have agreed to trade my 87 n/a Supra for a semi-riced 88 CRX dx.

Once the snow clears and I can get the barn doors open and the Supra will make it out on its own power I'm going to go pick the rex up.

200K on chassis
Rice kit
Fart cannon hangs there like a limp pecker
home made intake
spongebob floor mats
Home made seat covers.

I got my work laid out for this one.

Drop my y7 in there
Sprung 6-phuck clutch
AEM CAI
Put my knockoff DCS Header on
Install the "Spoon" testpipe
Stainless cat-back
Slowly hord parts for turbo conversion
Wheels off my Del Sol(Stock 14" alumnium)

Here's some crappy teaser type pics of what I'm getting in to.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Kinda reminds me of my cousins car...needs a little de-ricing and then it should be good....

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nice project man keep us updated.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I give you that for working in the snow. A few weeks back it was so cold in my garage that my 12 pack turned into slush. Couldnt drink any of it til they thawed. I knew it was cold but damn..

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
fuck that shit i'm done w/the fixing the car in winter like that. there would be clear window wrap all around it w/a kerose heater and a salamader bbq'in our ass in -5 weather. lol. wish you luck man.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fuck that shit i'm done w/the fixing the car in winter like that. there would be clear window wrap all around it w/a kerose heater and a salamader bbq'in our ass in -5 weather. lol. wish you luck man.

heh, I told the dude he would have to finish the rest. I'd have it running just enough to move under it's own power so no one has to push it.

I kept my promise... 1 tank of propane later (I have a small 30,000BTU blower that doesn't really heat anythign up uless yo're standing next to it) the supra got fired up. Sounds like ass as there's no exhaust on it ATM. He wants the exhaust off to punch out the cat and throw a catback on it.... w/e floats his boat.

Just waiting for my income tax return check to come in so I can go pick the rex up and drop this turd off.

(Vid of the Supra sounding like the redbaron's plane)
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/celicasupraxx/?action=view&current=supra-0000.flv

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol, sounds mean is their any rust on the underside of the crx?
*Update Feb 20th*

Okay, the owner was the most burntout ass clown I have ever met. Cheech's left nut had more intellengence than that guy. My friend any myself pulled up and dude was beating the bottom of the balljoint with a hammer.... that FUBAR'd the threads on there creating issues. While tryin to put the ball join back in he pulled too hard on it and pulled the axel out of the boot. So a running moving car became a nightmere.

I had another axel that would have fit it but he crossthreaded the axel on. Not having my tools with me, we threw the HF knuckle on there. Keep in mind the car is a DX so the axels are different. After some ******* engineering I got the car able to roll again. Burn out sat on the curb and watched as my friend and myself pushed the car on the trailer. That was fairly easy.

Dude half-assed putting the bumpers and fender back on. It was enough to hold together to get on the trailer and hold for the rest of the trip.

Pros: No rust, rear interior is stripped (that's a con to some but I got some plans for that). Little d15 runs strong for 226K miles.

Cons: dents and dings here and there. Rice bumpers, no stock side skirts, car was owned by an idiot, holes in hatch from super huge rice wing.

Demolition begins this week to check the whole car to make sure it's safe for a test drive then body work and swap prep for the y7 starts (MPFI conversion then convert that OBD-1)

Better pics up tommrrow as it sits in my driveway.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts