Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic hatch
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a full comlete swap Z6. runs almost perfect but gettin bad gas.. but thinking its o2 sensor. but i have a dent in the oil pan, no leaks, no problems at all. but can this affect anything in the future?. such as low idle, bad acceleration, or even bad gas mileage?. thanks and god bless

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Actually no, a dent in the oil pan (if right under the pick up) can lower the oil pressure of an engine, which can result in very late activation of vtec

dyno speaks for itself, Vtec at 5,000 but oil pan said no bitch you get vtec at 6,600 cause i dont have enough oil pressure to push the arm open.

·
Registered
96 civic hatch
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks eg8sir!!.. thats exactly whats going on!!.. my car truly don't engage vtec until like 5000-5500. when i was told it should be like 4500-4800 or sumshit. but yea can this affect anything internal or external?.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I also think my dent in my oil pan is causing my car to lose oil pressure on startup. the oil light will stay on for about 15 seconds or even longer. sometimes, it'll come on while im driving for 20 seconds. check oil and its full. I think thats why I can't even hear vtec anymore or even a slight change in noise.

·
Registered
956 Posts
its not really a dent or anything. it seem as though the engine fell on something HARD and LONG. the bottom of the oil pan seem to be mush in

·
Registered
348 Posts
How about your fuel filter? That could cause you to get bad gas milage.

·
Registered
96 civic hatch
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i replaced the fuel filter a while back and hasn't caused a problem for me but the bad gas mileage problem would be my o2 sensor for sure. bcuz the check engine light will come on after i warm up the car and drive, but won't ever come back on again after the first start up of each day. but the dent on my oil pan isn't a big dent. it's really doesn't even look like a big deal. just a small lil puncture. i didn't even know this would be affecting the vtec at all. but my vtec works fine, it still hits hard when i stomp the gas quick.. even with 206,000 miles. just if i had pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts