Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'98 Hatch
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda Civic was broken into at California State University, Long Beach. Fortunately NOTHING on the car was stolen. However, my backpack was stolen 3 hours ago in my car on campus along with all my new books, graphing calculator, lab reports, and notes. Zippo lighter gone, 200$ watch, oakley shades, To top it off, I just bought 2 brand new books today after class and they were in my backpack. Roughly $1000 worth of books and information was taken. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to catch up in all 5 of my classes [I'm on 17 units in Computer Engineering major] and I fear I may have to withdraw from the university knowing I just spent 5000$ for tuition. I honestly would have rather seen my car on concrete blocks with no rims and tires [worth 1000$] than losing my whole semester of academics. I feel this event has demoralized me and I'm speechless in figuring out what solution to follow considering the factors. Fuck My Life. ~Steven Le

P.S. My car was manually locked with no alarm. The driver side actuator was originally broken which meant it could only be opened on the outside with a key. Both doors were unlocked when I came to my car which led to conclusion they opened from the left side... and for a honda like mine, the key hole just needs to be jiggled.. and viola....... open sesame. Even a gut feeling first day of class I should have invested in an alarm and/or power windows; if someone wants it, they can probably get it. Besides, last month my friend's EG with a K24/K20 hybrid worth $10k with alarm, locks, clubs, you name it, he got it, ...got stolen in Long Beach as well. FML.

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Damn that sucks and my younger brother goes there. Hope that things take a turn for the better cause I know that feeling of having to drop classes for reasons that aren't in your control

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Damn man. Who in the hell steals a student's backpack?

I thought I had lost a 200 dollar fluids textbook a week into the semester. Luckily I remembered I had left it in the classroom and nobody had taken it over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Have the book store watch for those books to be traded in or sold soon. You'll catch them. Theives are usually stupid.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Guessing you had not any time yet to mark books with your own "tag"? Sorry bro...but don't let your education suffer because of it; find an alternate means to get them books again.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Breath in, breath out, one foot in front of the other, repeat...

See if your parents will float you a loan for books and calculator, try to hook up with other students and see if you can arrange a study group to get your notes back in order. Talk to your professors, see if they have any materials to help you catch back up.

Sucks balls, but that's life, 20% what happens and 80% how you respond.

Good luck getting it back on track, it will be hard, but, again, life IS hard...

·
Registered
'98 Hatch
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn that sucks and my younger brother goes there. Hope that things take a turn for the better cause I know that feeling of having to drop classes for reasons that aren't in your control
It sucks. Thanks.

fucken ey man! That sucks balls! As I was reading I was like "damn, I hope they didn't jack your wheels" but as I read, it just sucks even more knowing about your classes n shit. You had just told me about your units freken 4 days ago!
I know Pata. At least the rims are still good. Now I'm looking for cheap steelies to slap on for now and use the buddy clubs for meets.

Keep that chin up man, you can persevere!

I do hate it for ya though.
Thank you sir.

Have the book store watch for those books to be traded in or sold soon. You'll catch them. Theives are usually stupid.
I filed the police report and emailed the bookstore [though they suck in customer service since they're run by students] The even worse thing was my receipts with the serial numbers were in my backpack. FML.

Guessing you had not any time yet to mark books with your own "tag"? Sorry bro...but don't let your education suffer because of it; find an alternate means to get them books again.
NOpe, I tagged my brand 2 hour new agenda with my contact info before it got stolen, now I'm even more scared they might come to the house... but it's very very unlikely since I lived next door to police.

Breath in, breath out, one foot in front of the other, repeat...

See if your parents will float you a loan for books and calculator, try to hook up with other students and see if you can arrange a study group to get your notes back in order. Talk to your professors, see if they have any materials to help you catch back up.

Sucks balls, but that's life, 20% what happens and 80% how you respond.

Good luck getting it back on track, it will be hard, but, again, life IS hard...
My father past away 6 years ago and my mother is a widow on ZERO income. I've been working independently on my own the last 3 years to hold on.. but this is such a major blow. I emailed my professors and I'm in the process of dropping a class since I'm going to be 2 weeks behind labs and notes [30%] and first exam [20%] is next week and I don't have my clicker device for class for another 10% of grades. Best case scenario I may still be full time but down to 13 units... an easier semester.. but still depressing.

List the names of the books. If it helps, I can help you find PDFs of them from which you can make do. Isn't the best solution but perhaps it might be a little useful.
I appreciate it sir. I may just buy all the books again for next week... one professor is willing to loan me her personal copy.
I'll post it, but I doubt to find PDF.. I may just eat it and spend another 5-600$. *sighs*
Johnson / Kingdom Of Matthias (b)
JOHNSON, OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS (MPUB), PAPERBACK, 94
ISBN 0-19-509835-8
Meade (nsp) / Foundations Of Electronics Conventio
MEADE (NSP), CENGAGE (MPUB) ($), 2, 06
ISBN 1-4180-0541-X
Chabay (!) / Matter+interact V.1 Modern Mech(loose
CHABAY (!), JOHN WILEY & SONS (MPUB) ($), LOOSELEAF, 3, 11
ISBN 0-470-62427-2
Heining (!) / Anda Curso Elemental (text + 2 Olcar
HEINING (!), PEARSON CUSTOM PUBL (MPUB) ($), PACKAGE, 1, 11
ISBN 0-558-93931-7
Foner / Give Me Liberty V.1 (text)
FONER, W.W. NORTON & COMPANY,INC. PUBLRS (MPUB), PAPERBACK, 3, 11
ISBN 0-393-93542-6
Horstmann / Big Java (looseleaf)(b)
HORSTMANN, JOHN WILEY & SONS (MPUB) ($), LOOSELEAF, 4, 11
ISBN 1-118-13906-2

Again, thanks DSO.. just needed to vent. I don't expect to see any of my stuff again.. even if I posted a reward for 500$

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
I do not know you well enough and I am not a good enough man to just give you my non-CAS ti-nspire however we can arrange that you can borrow it for the semester. I don't mind paying shipping. It will come with both keypads for using the nspire OS or the ti-84+ OS. PM me we can work something out. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts