Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am making a fuel rail to accept rdx injectors if there is a big enough demand I would be willing to do a long run of parts on the CNC mill or make them out of fuel rail stock. I know there are 11mm to 14mm adapters but to me that does not make sense to choke the injector down.

please give me some feed back thanks.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
How much $$$ do you think it would cost?
since rdx injectors are like 45 new from honda and they can be decapped and then flow waaay above the stock numbers less then aftermarket injectors I hope

OP if you can make it for lets say 75-100 bucks it would be a ok deal, but keep in mind the majority of the honda community is loaded with cheap fucks (me included) that will talk a lot but then not shell out the cash when its time to pay up

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
keep in mind the majority of the honda community is loaded with cheap fucks
This is the biggest downfall of the aftermarket community. Most would rather use a 20 year old set of clogged up DSMs before they would spend decent money on a great injector.

That being said, unless RDX injectors were easier to find for a good deal, I doubt that there would be a ton of demand for a custom fuel rail for them. $200 for a set of new from Honda is a smoking deal, but you can find almost any style injector for that price from racetronix...that wouldn't require an aftermarket rail. If the RDX injectors were more readily available through eBay, CL, forums, etc. then maybe, but until them I just don't see it.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
They are less than $40 apiece the last time I ordered a set from hondapartsunlimted.com.

Rosko Racing makes a fantastic manifold adapter at very reasonable prices.

IF someone made a decent fuel rail (that was properly machined and anodized) I think some people would buy them, but, unfortunately, I think most people will just use something like Xenocron's adapter kit, as it realy isn't very expensive and it uses your stock fuel rail.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
From what I can tell, yeah, actually, they are. Contrary to popular belief, not all anodizing is colored. (Neither are all Teflon coatings, either.) I'm staring at a stock Z6 fuel rail, and, it does seem to be anodized.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
maybe get in good with your local honda dealer and offer a complete setup

rail and injectors for something like 300 shipped

just a thought

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feed back guys just thought I through the thought out. Since so many are doing turbo conversions I thought I would ask since I am making a couple for my engines. as for cost its always relative to volume. I guess you drink what you can afford unless you can make your own wine. They will be anodized. most common colors for production Items are clear,black(shiny) and matte/flat black.

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
FYI, the D17 and k-series community would be down for this too if you make modular mounting tabs. Additionally, your standard Siemans (SRT-4, newer FoMoCo, LS-series injectors, etc.) and RSX-S (310cc) are all 14mm heads. Really opens you up for some good, cheap injector options.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Come up with a price and design and let me know right away...this would be a great addition to the TBRIA, custom cold air intake and ported intake manifold kit that I am working on right now.

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
This would be great for the more powerful N/A guys as well. I need a bit more injector, not a 1000cc's of it. The RDX injectors are perfect.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rosko racing makes fuel rails for rdx style injectors. I have his lower manifold adaptors and if I did it again I would just use new rubber seals on the bottom.

I see no advantage to a new fuel rail if you are only running rdx 410cc injectors. Just extra money.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok I guys there seems to be an interest so I will do a really limited run and see where it goes from there thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
k cool give me a price as soon as you can. Other wise I will just shave down the injector to fit in my stock rail. Not alot needs to come off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts