Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using, or has used, the Delta 282 in thier Y7? We have a major modified Y7, and feel this cam would be a perfect upgrade. However, I haven't heard much feedback about this cam, and have no specs to try on my dyno software.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I know Belette have a 272.....and I have heard in the past that the 282 have a *lumpy* idle.....I dont know more about those regrind!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are currently running the 272 grind, and having very good luck with it. No problems with using a regrind as long as it, or any cam, is used in the right application, broken in properly, and set to spec.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
jokenessmonster said:
Is this the place you guys get your grinds? http://www.deltacam.com/ I called them and they said they don't have any grinds for the d16y8. Where else could I go to get a regrind?
Contact Laurie @ Web Cams

http://www.webcamshafts.com/

But gonna be just as cheap as getting a Stage 2 cam off ebay, about $225.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
with such a high lift cam, shouldnt you also get better springs and retainers??

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Speedjunky01 said:
with such a high lift cam, shouldnt you also get better springs and retainers??
You dont have to unless you plan on reving past your stock rev limit, I would get new springs though, just to be on the safe side.

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
272 cam is good to make overall power, nice lumpy idle, and you can run it with stock valve spring, but bumping compression will help a lot. 282 is overkill, this cam is nice with 11:1 cr, carb setup and full race engine... on street you need a lot of coponents to see difference with 272 and driveability is so so... 272 is nice on street, nice gain and driveability is good too. I put it in team with cam gear, and I've found the best setting at 0. No need of cam gear, this cam is develpped/grinded well with y7 spec for mild setup without cam gear...

I made comparison when I bought my new Z6 head, and stock intake port are 3/16'' EACH side taller and larger than y7 head... better to make power. I will sell my y7 head almost brand new (20 000k on it and new 272 cam, freshly milled and painted)....

I really don't say that y7 head is a shit, but if you don't want to port it decently in big building n/a setup or turbocharge it, hard to make real power without.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
I wanna bet the Exospeed was using Web for the regrinds.......

Likely Exospeed is out of business.......

"I just want to add to this thread cause i too am a angry customer of exospeed. It has been a FULL year now since i've paid for my block and yet ive gotten jack. Anyone willing to pay Exospeed a visit in person for some $$$? "

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
transzex said:

"I just want to add to this thread cause i too am a angry customer of exospeed. It has been a FULL year now since i've paid for my block and yet ive gotten jack. Anyone willing to pay Exospeed a visit in person for some $$$? "
Are you serious ? paid for a block and never get it ?? Nothing to do against that kind of store/speed shop ?

Like many speed shop here, there is so much corruption with these guys, they don't have time to fuck with us, they have more important to do where is the $$$ is.

·
Registered
586 Posts
transzex said:

This maybe an old thread, but EXOSPEED seems to be in business again after a few replies from Wil and Daniel concernin a SR909 grind.
I was going to send my cam over to them...see pics.

What do you guys think? SR909 EXOSPEED or 272 grind with Deltacam?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts