Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently sent delta two a6 cams (one for my crx and one for my buddies) installed on the same night and valve lash set to 6 intake 8 exhaust. This cam is great with great customer service. I have drove the car just to see what it's like and it feels like it has more "grunt". I am still awaiting my tune and then I shall go into further detail. But as far as service, best I've seen in a while. Fast turn around. The idle sounds good and and it's also more peppy but the real results will come soon with a tune. A+ delta

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Butt dyno!!!

As these cams will allow more air in, adding the supporting mods will make everything come together.. then tune everything!

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
Did you have any issues with the idle untuned? They got my a6 core this week . . . haven't yet sent in my pm6 to be chipped yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure that I didn't gain much just by dropping it in, as soon as my computer comes back I'll put the rest of my parts on and see how it does. Right now everything is factory from air box to exhaust manifold. The idle was real crappy (to be expected) and it sounds as if it's missing. I hoping that a tune will clear all of it up. I turned the air screw out till the computer comes back so it'll idle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More of a "service" side of the review, I don't really have a need/want to dyno. Eventually if I go turbo or nitrous I will get a dyno on it. Even if I were dyno the results wouldn't be accurate due to having to tune it just actually use it. I'm reviewing how it feels compared to stock.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
So essentially, I installed this product, my car runs worse, I THINK it feels faster (even though it runs way worse) and you are happy?

Damn I gotta get into the cam business.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So essentially the product I bought and the company I bought it from are great. Its my car that needs a tune, not the product's fault.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Knocked time off of my zero to 60. Better quarter of a mile? Need more?

I did sign up to post a review. What's that matter? It's obviously in the review section, so ill be darned...

Saw a bad review of them and it seemed to scare some of so I figured I'd share my experiance so that the people whom are considering this cam would have another opinion to go off of. Isn't this website to be helpful? Not to be a smartbutt like you. "Damn I gotta get into the cam business". That shouldn't be how you welcome someone new to the forums. Constructive criticism I can see, but now how you went about it. I never claimed gains from it. Yes, I did say I could feel a difference. Don't people claim throttle response? you bash them too? I stated a few times it was more towards the actual service, but I did give my opinion. Aren't the majority of review based off of opinion?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
are standards so low anymore that "I paid for something, and received what I paid for" is now great service? the fuck?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I paid for a procduct. Got it just as it was stated with no flaws and preforms just as it should. The company called to let me know how the process was going and went out of their way to answer any questions I had. Please feel free to elaborate on how that wouldn't be considered great service. Majority of places wouldn't answer the questions asked or take the time to ask about your setup to see if it would work in conjunction. It's obvious in many of the posts on here that if there was a problem they went out of their way to either give a refund or try their best to fix it.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I paid for a procduct. Got it just as it was stated with no flaws and preforms just as it should. The company called to let me know how the process was going and went out of their way to answer any questions I had. Please feel free to elaborate on how that wouldn't be considered great service. Majority of places wouldn't answer the questions asked or take the time to ask about your setup to see if it would work in conjunction. It's obvious in many of the posts on here that if there was a problem they went out of their way to either give a refund or try their best to fix it.
the way this comes off, sure sounds like you've got a vested interest.

clearly they weren't right about whether it would work with your "setup" (since when is totally stock a "setup", anyway?) hence the shitty idle and missing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I gave them the rundown of my setup I told them all the parts I have, which are now installed. Awaiting my basemap still for tuning.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
lol. Dig a bit deeper....

I have no beef with a review, but it better be from a trusted member, not a newbies first post, and it could probably be a bit more comprehensive than this.

Seems like a fair statement, doesnt it?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts