Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
3,646 Posts
how did you check the fuse? did you check all fuses? swap relays...its easier than trying to test the pins. how do you know the switch is good...have you put a meter to it?

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how did you check the fuse? did you check all fuses? swap relays...its easier than trying to test the pins. how do you know the switch is good...have you put a meter to it?
where are the relays located? I checked the fuse under the dash visually, and there is a larger fuse under the hood, also checked visually. . . didnt break out the DMM lastnight but I could. . . Im just trying to figure out why they dont work. . . they did the first week she got the car, bulbs blew out, got new bulbs, worked for a few and then they just gave up the ghost

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
3,646 Posts
visually checking a fuse is pretty useless. break out the dmm, ground one side, turn on the ignition (dont start the car), and check for 12v on BOTH sides of all fuses. the relays should be located at the fuse boxes. under dash and hood. they are little rectangle boxes and usually have pinouts on them. i say to swap them because they usually use the same type of relay for all circuits...so pull the horn relay for example and swap that with fog light relay.

are they OEM fogs? i forgot to ask

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
visually checking a fuse is pretty useless. break out the dmm, ground one side, turn on the ignition (dont start the car), and check for 12v on BOTH sides of all fuses. the relays should be located at the fuse boxes. under dash and hood. they are little rectangle boxes and usually have pinouts on them. i say to swap them because they usually use the same type of relay for all circuits...so pull the horn relay for example and swap that with fog light relay.

are they OEM fogs? i forgot to ask
my mistake, there not foglights. . . there the stock auxilary lights. Im not shure where the relay is for the lights. . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.