Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on my sisters '95 Del. The pass window was stuck down a few inches and wouldn't work, so she asked me to fix it.

I took the door panel off and put power to the motor leads and the window would go up and down, so I put it up all the way and left it up.

All the other windows work, except for the pass side.
It won't work from either switch.
I took driver and passenger switches from my Del and put them into her Del and the pass window still won't work.
So I think that rules out the switches.

But I can put power to the window motor with a lead from the battery and make it go up and down.

Other then a wire or connection being bad............
Can anyone think of a reason the window won't work?

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check if the window is off track???
The window operates fine if I run power to it with a positive and negative lead from the battery.
So, it's not off track.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
i know on my accord i had a problem to where if i gave it more volage then it would work nicely but with just from the switch it would barely go up. the rubber moulding that is sitting inside of the window track get folded up and creates resistance. check tat maybe?

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know on my accord i had a problem to where if i gave it more volage then it would work nicely but with just from the switch it would barely go up. the rubber moulding that is sitting inside of the window track get folded up and creates resistance. check tat maybe?
That's not it either.

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well then, it's the Regulator that's going bad (the Window's motor to make it go up n down). You're giving it direct power from the Battery and it works fine so that's what I'm thinking.
Or the Switch is messing up.
yeah, I think I'm going to swap motors to see if that fixes it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts