Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure?? everywhere else i read after i made this thread said they had to be modified... i guess ill have to find out for myself.. anyone have some input?

·
Registered
96 civic hatch
183 Posts
installing del sol seats into a crx or any EF civic model will need to be modified, in other words a "pan swap". this is removing the rails off of your old seats that originally came with the car you have, and removing the rails off the del sol seats and simply switching them over. the only thing needed are the basic tools. i pan swapped my friends EF hatch with a flathead screwdriver, crescent wrench, and a extra person so that he/or she can guide you through the fabric removal.. then voila!!

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
installing del sol seats into a crx or any EF civic model will need to be modified, in other words a "pan swap". this is removing the rails off of your old seats that originally came with the car you have, and removing the rails off the del sol seats and simply switching them over. the only thing needed are the basic tools. i pan swapped my friends EF hatch with a flathead screwdriver, crescent wrench, and a extra person so that he/or she can guide you through the fabric removal.. then voila!!
he speaks the truth. swithing out seat pans is the best way.

only S2K & RSX seats must be welded onto your existing rails & such

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Seat pan swap.

·
11,892 Posts
are there any links for how-to's or anything?
You can find some general info on a pan swap on HT but it's pretty self explanatory once you start taking stuff apart.

Here's a basic rundown:

1. Remove the bottom halves of each seat
2. Undo the hog rings w/ needle nose pliers
3. Remove seat from pan
3a. Swap seat pans
4. To get the fabric TIGHT on the ED pan you may have to drill some holes for the hog rings
5. You will need to cut a "slice" in the sol seat because of the bracket on the ED pan that needs to pass through to connect the pan to the seat back
6. To bolt the reclining mechanism to the sol seat back you will have to drill, tap, and shim one hole because the other one on the mechanism lines up pretty good on the sol seat
7. Last you will have to shim / use a longer bolt to connect the ed pan to the sol back (the point where it pivots) because there is like a 1" gap

There it is quick and dirty. Hth.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
11,892 Posts
A pan swap is really the only correct way to have them fit properly.
This is correct. I mean you can make your own brackets and weld then onto the stock sol rails but I would rather have OEM rails that bolt in correctly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts