Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought both the DEH-P690UB and a new 6th gen Ipod classic (80 gig) and I'm having issues. The ipod communicates with the head unit for about 3 or 4 days, and then suddenly the head unit doesn't find the device. The ipod wont communicate with the computer or anything either. The first time this happened I took the ipod to the store, they wiped it, then it worked for about 3 days and same thing, so Apple replaced the ipod. After that it worked for about 4 days and same thing!
At this point I think I can rule out ipod. Do I have a defective deck, or could there be compatibility issues since its a brand new ipod? I'd assume since this is a 2007 MY head unit from Pioneer/Premier that they would have updated the software to work with the new ipod. I want to know if I should exchange the head unit, or get a different one. Thanks guys.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
the ipods battery is dying and i say this because:

1. it happens to me with my ipod/alpine combo.

2. the cable is supposed to charge the ipod and it does only while the vehicle is on. when its OFF though...the ipod does not turn off. because it senses the cable, the ipod cannot ever get a signal to shut off.

3. once i started to unplug my ipod it never happened again.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Theres a few issues with the Pioneer. What you need to do is get the aux input instead of the ipod cable and use the headphone jack to rca adapter. It sucks because it wont charge it up but you wont have problems with it. Just use the ipod to control the tracks etc its easier and faster anyways compared to using the head unit.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
I am going to say it's not a battery problem. He had a brand new ipod, and replaced it with another and it's still happening.
idiot...the battery on an ipod can only last a few days even on a new one

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I believe you can use both the Ipod cable and Aux-in at the same time; My Panasonic unit did the same thing so I just used it like that awhile to keep the battery charged. Turns out, my problem was in the cable itself. Just wiggled the wires a little and works.

·
Registered
468 Posts
ratmann is right, I've seen similar and it's where the ipod stays on while the car is off and it's still connected to the unit.

It's just draining it because it wont sleep like it normally should.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when i turn the power off, the ipod goes to sleep, I've watched, i dont think thats the issue.

There is no way I spent this much money to have an ipod interfaced head unit to use it via aux and have to turn on/off the ipod, and select the songs via the ipod. I'm not gonna go into my glove box every time i wanna change a song. Imma replace the head unit, if i have the same issues, I'll find one that doesn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts