Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic LX
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a pretty good amount about boost and all, But im just stuck on this ordeal.. I know i dont want to build another bottom end so this time around im sticking to stock bottom end. Which limits me to around 250hp on a good tune. I dont want to even really push the limit of these rods because i really dont have time or money to mess with a thrown rod. Anyways, again, im piecing together a kit with a bunch of proven ebay shit. There ARE good knockoff parts on ebay, just sayin. And no matter how much you tell me tial is better, im still going to spend $50 over $200+. So save your breathe. But right now i have a TD04HL 15g off of a volvo. Im trying to debate whether i should run that or just run a knockoff ".50 trim". Either way im going to run external wastegate. I just kind of want quick spool but i also dont want the turbo to fall on its face higher up in the rpms. I really dont know much about this turbo honestly. Never heard of anyone using it or anything. If anyone has experience or educated opinions, please chime in and tell me what ya think

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I don't buy cheap knock off parts often. I do buy used genuine parts.

Given the environment that a turbo has to work, I would rather get one that is made to last vs. one that is made as cheaply as possible and might not last 2 minutes.

·
Registered
852 Posts
^ I think his has the round indentation from the Volvo flange...you can get an adapter for $20 or so from ATP.

Ebay cast T3 manifold should be just fine for your goals. Same with intercooler and piping. My ebay wastegate holds 12 psi rock solid, but YMMV on that one. I just bought a Tial 38mm.

·
Registered
94 Civic LX
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah mine has the weird round thing on the flange. It's the same bolt pattern otherwise. But iv read they are basically the same as the greddy turbo which is why I asked. I want to go with a smaller turbo setup I just don't want to sacrifice top end. Thanks for all your answers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts