Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to debadge my civic, and does anyone have any tips?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what do you mean debadge? if by that you mean take off the honda emblems u just pop em off and bondo the wholes, but i don't know what u mean by debadge

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get some detal floss and pull it between the emblem and the car and vala no more emblem and get some de-gunker to get the gunk shit off where the emblem was at

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm what about filling in holes under the logos/badges whatever? my friend has a 1990 prelude si and we want to remove the words "honda" and "Si" from the back but there are holes under them. I understand you fill them in and make them flush but this poses a problem because we don't want to have to do much painting... What can we do?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends what car you have. On the 96-00 Civic the emblems on the back that say "Civic" and either "Si","DX" (or whatever model you have)...are just stuck there with a 3M style double sided tape. All you need to do is gently pull on the corner of these emblems and they will peel off.
As for the rear "H" emblem, there are 2 little holes that will need to be filled.
I know on my friends Protege, his Mazda emblem as well as Protege emblem both have 2 holes behind them. If removed, these holes should be welded close to completely remove them. This can be a bit expensive and will require repainting the trunk/hatch but it will be done correctly.

Hope this helps :wink:

·
Registered
500 Posts
for the H symbol you might want to hold off filling the holes and wait till you can get the whole liscence plate "location" filled out... so you can do it all in one go...

thats what i'm doing anyway, and relocate your liscence plate to the bumper... vw style :)

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Ya dude but not everyone wants to do a Yank style 'chop ya ryde up' bog the lot up, add bling and kitt, and generally make a civic into somthing other than the JDM goodness it was meant to be.

PS VW=BORING

Heres a different more 'cost effective' idea
Take off ya badges, get a nice metallic gunmetal grey toutch up paint and spray them gunn black. NICE and diff.
Alternatively, get a set of Type R red backing badges.

Either way is better than bogging up the plate hole and saves $1000s on bodywork. Who wants a Civic Type VW anyway? :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All I have left on my car is the back "H" emblem. I took off the "Civic" and "DX" badges and I have a Mugen front grill. All I am doing is putting a Red JDM CTR rear "H" emblem on the back (http://www.inlinefour.com/gencivtyphba.html)and imo it will give the car a nice clean look. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
obviously you havent driven an mk3 vr6 or a 1.8t... a car actualy built for turbo

ohh yeah, and they dont rattle!!

i get alot more props from people when i drive my 2.0 mk4 stock than i do in my hatchie with rims and tinted windows... they still see me as a ricer.

vw boring.. sheesh, comming from a dude that is suggesting sticking type r badges on to somethings thats not, not very credible.

·
Registered
320 Posts
pull off the civic... the "H"'s leav them there... and paint them gun metal they look sick on an all blak civic.. ppl are like how much did oyu pay for thoes "H"'s and i'm like i do it for like $30 its amazing how mau ppl will be all over that.. drafting tape to mask and than spray let dry... peal tape off.. and your done.. use a razor blade to trim the tape inside...

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
don't hate on the jettas... the new ones are gay looking, but the older MKIIs are nice. My brother had a Wolfsberg edition (came with some nice Recaros standard) before it was stolen and stripped :( . Now he rocks an M3 e30... the ultimate driving machine from that era IMO. :)

BTW, a decent body shop will fill the holes from the emblems and repaint your car from $200 to $300 if you want the easy way out. I hope your paint is still in good condition or the color matching will be a bitch.

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
LOL at 7th Gear

Red honda emblems dont mean Type R. Just as gun metal black ones dont mean Type B

Its the look of, not the meaning of, that makes them attractive.
Rice would be to Have the badges and have civic type r next to them with a sticker saying SOHC VTECH or sumthin like that.

Your just pissed cos really you're just a regular old 5spd like the rest of us.

·
Registered
500 Posts
i'm not pissed

i would just rather be in an mk3 vr6 to be honest... but instead i have a sohc honda in my gargage, and i'm gonna take care of it as best as i can.

but its still a rattling honda with a flimsy steering wheel, loose shifter and poorly designed instrument cluster and non-adjustable seats that are only good to sit in and not actualy drive

plus my particular car has no power windows, locks, steering or power antena, when i wanna listen to some beats i have to roll down my window and tug my antena out by hand...

but hey!! atleast i'm having fun :)

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
7thGear said:
plus my particular car has no power windows, locks, steering or power antena
power locks and windows are a luxury item, go get a family sedan, and power steering is usless in a light ass civic

·
Registered
500 Posts
trust me, power locks help when you got friends to drive in a carpool, reachover everytime to open their door, or having to open it twice gets a bother when you have to do it often

not to mention the fact that some of those "friends", constantly forget to lock the door when they get out of the car.

power windows, especialy those with the "click and forget" option are usefull when your in frequent contact with toll boths and such, not to mention the fact that your in a standard car, ohh if your alone, rolling down the passanger side for whatever reason gets to be a bitch too...

to those people ( like me) to who a car is more than just a transportation device, these little "luxury" items are very welcome.

now a sunroof and a 6 speaker sound system, leather seats, those are luxury items.

also another thing about power locks, you know how big of a bitch it is to have to turn your car off if for some reason you need to go pop your trunk ( atleast in my hatch, i dont have a cable, i need to use a key to open it)

but thats me.. i drive alot, 600-700 km a week, so to me shit like that matters.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts