Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90' crx duh?
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i've been slowly collecting parts for a MPFI swap on d15b2. i'm taking my time so a can come by parts cheaply. after all, i'm in no rush to get this done. i've had many questions over the past few months and have greatly appreciated the help from you guys. so, that brings me to my next question.
I bought an IM, only find out it wasn't totally complete. i have the fuel rail and TB, no FPR though. i was in the local junkyard picking up pieces like bolts and nuts for the TB and happened upon a wago-civic. d16a6 AT. i snatched the FPR off it. is this FPR compatible with my IM i bought? i fitted the fpr to the rail. it fits, but will it run the correct PSI? the list of my gathered parts are listed below.
d15b2
p08 IM
pg7 ecu
td02u dizzy
89' integra injectors (what cc are these??)
89 civic FPR (from d16a6)
BTW, one of my injectors are cracked at the little amber looking thing that goes into the IM. is that a problem? or should i get another one? also, are these injectors going to be too big for the small intake manifold? (running too rich?)

·
Registered
90' crx duh?
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, ya please try to answer ALL my questions. i know i asked a lot, but just take them one at a time. thanks folks!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
injector sizes

D15B6 - 88-89 - 180 - nonVTEC
D15B6 - 90-91 - 240 - nonVTEC
D15B7 - 92-95 - 240 - nonVTEC
D15B8 - 92-95 - 180 - nonVTEC
D15Z1 - 92-95 - 190 - VTEC-E
D16A6 - 88-91 - 240 - nonVTEC
D16Y7 - 96-97 - 180 - nonVTEC
D16Y8 - 96-97 - 240 - VTEC
D16Z6 - 92-95 - 240 - VTEC

I would get 240s I dont know what the d16a1 ran, Fuel pressure will be find. Remember if you use low impedance injectors you will nee a resistor box or you will blow the ecu.

·
Registered
90' crx duh?
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whoops forgot to add that i have that resistor box also. 1590cc???? you must be talking about the motor displacement. i was referring to the injectors.

·
Registered
90' crx duh?
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
main concern right now is the FPR. It bolted up fine. i'd assume the ECU and manifold pressure will adjust the FPR correctly. or am i dreaming?

·
Registered
^^^^^^
416 Posts
No reason why the FPR shouldn't work unless it's bad. Could even use one off of a 5th gen fuel rail. Replace your one bad injector then either take them somewhere or send them off to a business that flow tests/cleans them, or find out if they can replace the broken plastic piece.

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
to the best of my knowledge all fpr's are the same. oh and about your injectors ide just send them off to keith at injector rehab he is a sponsor here he does super good work and then u know they are brand new and all the stuff fixed and also tested and flow evenly.

·
Registered
^^^^^^
416 Posts
The only difference I've noticed between the 4th gen and 5th gen FPR's is the fuel return line having a 90 degree bend on the 4th gen. 5th gen is straight, and I think the vacuum line on the 5th gen is a 90 degree bend. I'd say yours is just fine though. Once you get it running, take the vacuum line off and if fuel comes out....it's bad.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
main concern right now is the FPR. It bolted up fine. i'd assume the ECU and manifold pressure will adjust the FPR correctly. or am i dreaming?
The ecu has no control of fuel pressure but ya manifold pressure dose. Find the speck for your motor I think for the most part honda runs 45 psi (don’t quote me on that) find the speck for the motor you got the fpr off of thy should match.........

What pg7 ecu did you get If I remember write one has vac advance the other is controlled by the ecu?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts