Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 3 door 5 speed 1.5L that has a hesitation or dead spot when taking off. For a long time this has been happening and a good friend said it could be the throttle position sensor. If this may be true, where is it? and is it hard to replace? I have found two sensors where the accelerator cable goes. There is a sensor on top of this valve, and there is one on the back. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Tony.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
I would guess its the TPS as well. Do you also have rough idle/bouncing needle? Also a trailer-jerking feeling when it happends? And your right BLK92. I got mine from www.iapdirect.com. Comes with new bolts and all. Also on their site, they have installation instructions for this too.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
looks like some of this thread went out with the cleanup in a nutshell you will need to know this info

just adding my 2 cents. your gonna need a multimeter to get it to read correctly...

You need to connect a multimeter to the tps and move the sensor around until the correct ohm specs are achieved.

With the TB closed, sensor disconnected, ign off:
Pins 1 and 2 = 0.5-0.9ohms
Pins 2 and 3 = 3.6-5.4ohms

You also need to be sure you have correct voltage, sensor connected, ign 'on':
Pins 1 and 3
0.5volts with the TB closed
4.5volts with the TB fully open

These specs should also be correct from the factory. If theyre not, and you havent replaced the tps, you know its time to do so.
If you have replaced the tps and these readings arent met, your sensor isnt positioned properly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts