Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new battery for my civic about 1.5months ago put it in started my new build for the first time worked out some bugs for a few days and its been sitting about a month and hasnt been started. I finish tonight putting back all my interior and rear 6X9's put a new iacv in go to start it and its dead as a door nail. I had to push it out the garage and jump it with my audi. WTF is up with that and thoughts i did have my laptop hooked up to it while it was sitting i just forgot to turn it off could that of drained the battery i had it hooked up for diagnostics.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I had a new battery go dead in that time. I hooked it up, started the car and then let it sit for about a month. Came back and the car wouldnt start. Take the battery in and have it checked.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a new battery go dead in that time. I hooked it up, started the car and then let it sit for about a month. Came back and the car wouldnt start. Take the battery in and have it checked.
I think i might it just doest sound right i had my old sears diehard in there the car sat for 2 months in freezing temps i went out there in january and it started right up.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
you dont have a battery charger? i have one for these reasons and it tells you if its bad or not.
me too, i have a bad ass Dayton charger... it will jump your car if needed as well...

funny this happened to you now... i went and had my batteries (i have two) checked about three weeks ago because i came out and my car wouldn't start, i charged it up and decided to have everything checked and it got a clean bill of health... well yesterday i went to start it and it barley started, so i pulled it in the garage and charged it on low for two hours... the charger also has a self diagnostic built in and it said after two hours the battery's were shit, so i had to get a new one... i only replaced one and said fuck the other one...lol

you should prolly go have it replaced and get a new one...
even new items can be bad from the factory...

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last time i started it was thursday night when it happend wasn't around all weekend to start it so i got to it today. I checked the voltage 2.4 volts dc i cant even get a dim light out of it. So i jump start it again and let it run for a bit i start playing around with some grounds and power wires seeing if there's something loose somewhere and nothing. This time i turned it off and disconected both battery terminals. If the battery goes dead this time I'll be happy cause i know i wont have to go wire hunting just bring it back and get a new one. Been having bad luck with auto zone lately.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
if you have a multi meter you can hook the battery back up, make sure every thing is off, hook the multi meter up to the battery, you should be able to see a definite draw on the meter if there is one... maybe check the battery with the meter first before you hook the battery up and see what the meter shows, this will give you a base/starting line to go by...

i hope this makes sense, im pretty tired and i hate hotel rooms...:(
ya, super 8 ftl....

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had the cables off for 2 days votage stayed at 12.25 Put the power cable on yesterday and left the ground off and it went to 12.16 I just put the ground back on i'll check back later.
Just checked 24hrs later its a 12.05 doesnt seem to be draining much.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
damn gremlins...

those lil fuck'n assholes fucked up my battery's two weeks ago and then decided they wanted to turn my alternator to junk last friday...
FUCK THEM IN THERE LIL FUCK'n ASSHOLE's...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts