Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok of course the ebay sellers won't give me a straight answer. Can I use ek ctr recaro seat rails and bolt up to DC5 recaro's, or maybe use buddy club seat rails to bolt up to DC5 seats in my 97 ex coupe, (EJ8)?

Thanks for your time and input. It's hard to get a real answer.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
DC5 as in RSX? Not a direct fit. Modifications will be needed.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far I have found a couple people that have this modification. One guy on this site just made his own add-on bracket to make it work. I have been told that ek recaro seat rails/bracket will work with any recaro seat. But no-one gives me a real answer. So I am still trying to find out. Also a little confused rail and bracket combos. The search goes on...........................

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No you can not use Buddy club seat rails on those seats with out making you own brackets from rail to seat bottom.

This will be a custom setup there is no bolt on OEM rails that will work for your EJ8.

Why not just get some OEM seats or something?
NOT a fan of my oem seats, rsx are ok. I am looking for all red with white stitching, comfortable, and safe. I have looked at Sparco torino's ($1800 for all red), Bride ($2000) , Corbeau special edition red tweed a4 (really want/can't find/discontinued), megan (no info or feedback), DAD (safe/comfort?), Yonaka (safe/comfort?), e-bay fake/taiwan/canada Recaro/Bride (safe/comfort?), isotta daytona's (in italy/rails/comunication), momo (yellow lettering), etc, etc, if you have another suggestion let me know. I chose the DC5 over DC2 simply for the white stiching, and recaro for the comfort and saftey.

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Black Grey or Red leather only, I believe.....

And the rare black & red

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Important!

Recaro has a long standing history for being reputable and sporty with function in mind. Recaro are in 70s & 80s BMW & Audi as well as current & late model Honda, Nissan, and Mitsubishi.

If you get any Recaro, BRIDE, or Takata seats, make sure you are buying authentic branded seats. Those companies have sub-licensed their designs to other companies and there is a surge of shitty quality & non-functioning, unsafe seats into the current buyer market. Go hard or go home. You're better off in OEM SAE standard/quality seating in your car than a cheap knockoff that may get you killed in an accident.

Search Tags for this post: JDM, Recaro, BRIDE, Takata, google, safety, fake, quality, OEM, seats, Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, VW, Audi

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True there are alot of "knock offs", thanks to e-bay. I was almost suckerd in a couple times till I say a video floating around on what those seats will actually do to your back in an accident. Any week taxes will come and the hard decision will be made. Then soon after that I will have to make the same decision for my new born, = which car seat to put him in, so much info on the net, its almost confusing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts