Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 4 door eg, and i also have a stock 4 door integra gsr cat back sitting around, my car currently has a the worst sounding pile of pipe ever, and i want to know if i can bolt the 4 door gsr exhaust directly onto my Eg. help please!

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
98% the same.

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Remember: Civic coupe & sedan share the same chassis. The Integra 2 & 4 door also carry the same chassis. Many parts are interchangable to its counterparts.

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
whats the 2 percent? the flanges a tiny bit off at the cat? or length issues?
If I'm not mistaken, the mounting hooks differ at the muffler & mid-pipe.

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
There is no thread. I know from trying to mount a GSR muffler. I know that there is a slight difference in the mid pipe also, thats how I gathered my info.

Check around on Honda-Tech or google. Use the part numbers as a reference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no thread. I know from trying to mount a GSR muffler. I know that there is a slight difference in the mid pipe also, thats how I gathered my info.

Check around on Honda-Tech or google. Use the part numbers as a reference.
yeah i've been googling honda tech has been very shitty in the results i have found, how different was the axle back and what did you do ot make it fit? or did you just put it and and tightin shit up?

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
I didnt, I sold it beause I didnt have time or money ti get it altered at a shop. The left hook (if you are looking at the muffler tip, facing you), is the one that differs from the OE fitting on the Civic.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so do you think keeping my muffler the same but changing the mid pipe will work? ?

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
I probably will but I doubt that the sound quality will change. NOt unless the OE Civic one has holes in it or something.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I probably will but I doubt that the sound quality will change. NOt unless the OE Civic one has holes in it or something.
my exhaust is no oe right now, its some ebay 2.25 b pipe with a oem replacement muffler. the gaskets in the ebay pipes are all blown to shit, and the resonator is striaght shit, so it is loud as turds. all i know is the gsr stock exhaust is a bigger diameter than stock civic yet smaller than the crap i have and thats all that matters, just want decently good flow with quiet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts