Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
dang, nice pics!

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
i always loved this on race cars. the air fitting in the headlight that goes to 4 air cylinders at each corner to jack the car up.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
wheres the pics?

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
i love nissan

·
Registered
232 Posts
Those are some awesome cars...but to me thats just a waste man. Do they even get driven or do they sit in a warehouse? I believe cars, no matter how expensive or rare, are meant to be driven not stored away so nobody can appreciate them. Theres a similar place about 30 min from where I live called Elmer's auto salvage. The owner has about 50-60 vehicles from all types of manufacturers sitting in cramped garages and they just sit there. Hes actually got 2 original wing cars, a 71 Daytona and a 71 SuperBird. They've sat there in his garage for about 30 years, what a waste.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand where you are coming from but you also need to look at it like this.. the people that store up alotta cars like that are most of the time collectors. either of those wing cars alone are worth major bucks.. and if he keeps holdin on to em.. he could sell just those 2 and retire.

likewise i know the owner of the porsche dealership he's got about 4 old 911's an some other cars i couldn't make out. they're all in ecosealed bubbles..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah thats ture, those wing cars are def worth some dough, I believe one has less than 1k on the clock. I'm just sayin if I had the money to collect cars like that I'd be driving them all the time. Ecosealed bubbles eh? Wasn't there a firebird recently uncovered that was stored in one of those?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
that's fucking sweet. i know how he feels about sitting that R390 GT1. kind a.. when i worked at the BMW plant i sat in a BMW Alpina B7. it still had the $147k sticker still on it. lol.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I wonder if someone coughed up the $1 million for the R390 GT1 and decided to take it out to a HPDE event every weekend, how would he go about getting replacement parts for the one-off stuff?
Or are they all Nissan parts from other cars? In which case are all the part numbers compiled in one place?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Didn't see my Datsun 1200, i know they have a White coupe in there, my friends use to tease me about that one all the time. I probably will bust a nut if I ever go there. I love Datsun/Nissan makes me wanna think about my Datsun 1200, :-( ...... I still would like to get a last generation 240sx.
Reps for you man, great find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts