Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im pretty new to this so bare with me, so i modified my p05 ecu and soldered in the connector for datalogging thru USB. i bought the cable from Xenocron, it came with the cable and USB cable, now im trying to use one of these programs to datalog (eCtune, Neptune, Crome, Hondalog) have no clue which one would work, none of them read it, is there a better software out there to use am i missing some other typre of software or hardware to datalog, i have followed procedure after procedure dont see what im missing. are there any other steps i need to take, please help me all im trying to do is datalog.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
is the ecu chipped? The ecu must be chipped, datalogging must be enabled, and j12 must be cut on the ecu (unless youre using uberdata iirc)

The free version of ectune only will datalog with a chip that was burned with ectune. Crome free doesnt datalog.

Freelog is an option for you if you dont want to buy any software, check out pgmfi.org.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
food for thought, i bought a datalog cable from xenocron as well and it didnt work at all. i installed it per how the plug attached to the pins (only one way to fit together completely smooth and make that little piece click and lock). well i tried all different programs and stared at the wiring forever lol. went online and looked up the wire colors and low and behold, it was assembled backwards. i fixed that, and now it works perfect.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
im havving issues as of late as well, if you guys can pitch in to my problem wont have to start new thread and might help him

using honda log from moates
-j12 is cut
-baud rate at 38400
-tried using free log, ecu control and a buddies old ass crome pro 1.18
-yes the usu gets power and the car idles fine
-the ostrich v1 works perfect and communicates to the laptop fin
-running it all on vista in compatability mode to xp

will try my other honda log to rule that our. . .

could this be vista being gay once again?

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
im havving issues as of late as well, if you guys can pitch in to my problem wont have to start new thread and might help him

using honda log from moates
-j12 is cut
-baud rate at 38400
-tried using free log, ecu control and a buddies old ass crome pro 1.18
-yes the usu gets power and the car idles fine
-the ostrich v1 works perfect and communicates to the laptop fin
-running it all on vista in compatability mode to xp

will try my other honda log to rule that our. . .

could this be vista being gay once again?
What cable are you using to datalog with? And what about the drivers?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
What cable are you using to datalog with? And what about the drivers?
using hondalog, its a hulog without the box around it

drivers straight from moates.net

1 - 8 of 8 Posts