Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
You said xenocron datalogging cable. Hondalog or hulog? Are you datalogging with the ecucontrol plugin in turboedit? I'm using the ecucontrol plugin with TE V. 3.1.10 and a hulog and it works flawless. I am also using the inovate channel as well. I had trouble with mine at first, but it was just the ports. It was giving crazy readings. I changed the port settings and all was well. Make sure the ports are set to the correct speed also. I forget what it's supposed to be, but I'll check all my settings and give them to you if you need. Maybe contact fastcrxsi90. He got me going.

Here's how I have mine set up. First to make sure I had the right com port I went into control panel, system, hardware, device manager, ports. Then I disconected and reconected the datalogging cable to see what com port disapeared. Mine was Com 4. I right clicked on com 4 and made sure it was set to 38400. If not, change it this will cause weird readings. Then in turbo edit options, datalogging plugins I selected com 4 and also made sure it was set to 38400. I'm not sure if TE even supports other speeds for datalogging. That should be all the settings in turboedit. The open the ecu control plugin. Open settings and options. Under O2 settings select which wideband or if using the inovate wideband channels select stock with innovate channel and select Ch1 AFR. Under maptrace I noticed mine only works right if I average by entire log. I believe 1 and 4 cell logging work, but 1 cell logging seems faster. Under sensor selections. Fuel trace for inovate channel would be Ch1 AFR or for logging through the ecu it would be o2 value. Hope this helps and makes some sense. Oh and by the way this worked with NG 61 and 62

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You said xenocron datalogging cable. Hondalog or hulog? Are you datalogging with the ecucontrol plugin in turboedit? I'm using the ecucontrol plugin with TE V. 3.1.10 and a hulog and it works flawless. I am also using the inovate channel as well. I had trouble with mine at first, but it was just the ports. It was giving crazy readings. I changed the port settings and all was well. Make sure the ports are set to the correct speed also. I forget what it's supposed to be, but I'll check all my settings and give them to you if you need. Maybe contact fastcrxsi90. He got me going.
are you running vista..tell me your settings and I'll compare them to mine. The ECUcontrol plugin works fine. it's one of these that I have

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
are you running vista..tell me your settings and I'll compare them to mine. The ECUcontrol plugin works fine. it's one of these that I have

Im running the same cable with vista, however im logging with crome.
But a thing should pop up to click to install new drivers, just click install.
Also there is a write-up on moates or some site I read to install but with this cable two of the wires were reversed. I know in my p28 you line the black up with pin 1 of the 4 pin (which i believe is closest to the plugs, in a p28 anyway)
Then make sure your settings are right like said above.

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im running the same cable with vista, however im logging with crome.
But a thing should pop up to click to install new drivers, just click install.
Also there is a write-up on moates or some site I read to install but with this cable two of the wires were reversed. I know in my p28 you line the black up with pin 1 of the 4 pin (which i believe is closest to the plugs, in a p28 anyway)
Then make sure your settings are right like said above.

Yeah vista installed the drivers with no prob

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Through all my reading I guess a resistor named j12 is supposed to be cut to datalog properly. Does anyone know where that is on a PM6 91 ECU
that jumper is only on OBD1 ecus

with a PM6 you just plug it in and go.

I used a hulog with TE and ecucontrol and it worked great.

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that jumper is only on OBD1 ecus

with a PM6 you just plug it in and go.

I used a hulog with TE and ecucontrol and it worked great.
I made some headway I created a base map based off of NG55 code and now ECU control wants to read it and connects

RPM acts funny still along with speed. 02 reads 4.92v TPS fluctuates between 3 102% and this is all with the car off and just the ignition on

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
I'm using xp with hulog. I think what you have is the hondalog. + 1 on the jumper. PM6 ECU's don't have it. Just solder in the datalogging plug and go. Maybe check into what was said above about the wires being switched. I thought I heard something a while back too, or just pick up a hulog from moates. Did you check the port settings in vista? It really sounds like it's doing what mine did when it was set to 9600 instead of 38400. Good luck with this. I hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
try a loopback test... either unplug from ecu and jumper the Tx and Rx together (making a loop) or if you have an internal modem you can connect to it and loop data through it. just connect and start logging and you will get constant values for the sensors. for example, the location for IAT is 32h...so if we send that value out we should get that value back (during loopback), which equates to about 161 degrees F.

connecting to the port has nothing to do with the ecu...if you cant connect there is something else wrong. you should also have no problem datalogging with anything newer than ng55...that code has remained unchanged and many people have used it.

if you still cant get it to work, i would try downloading freelog or bre and try to datalog with either of those programs. there are some "quirks" with vista and i have no way to test for them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts