Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to search on that, and EGT in search option isn't allowed.

I want to know if there is a way to datalog the analogic signal from EGT via the ECU, it would be nice to get exhaust gaz temperature to tune a better ignition.

If yes, what kind of EGT sensor should I use, how and where you make the signal input to ECU and how you do the volt/temperature table in datalogger.

I'm now using Freelog and ECU control to datalog, I'm still learning on that.

Many thanks.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried that, but not clear answer about dataloging and EGT. Most of them datalog them in a heavy duty gauge, and that's it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Your best bet is to use a standalone data logger, previously I used a Innovate LM3 which datalogs Wideband/EGT/RPM/MAP (up to 30 PSI), and has onboard accelerometer.

I have the complete kit used I can sell if your interested. It was the only economy setup I could find that would datalog egt.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pm'ed you.

I've heard about that you can make weld in the ecu board, using some remaining input/output sockets. I don't know how and how it works. I'll try to find more about that.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
There is a way to do it using a 0-5 volt input with your ems but you need to buy some extra parts.Not exspensive though. I do not know if freelog can log a user 0-5 volt input so you will need to find that out for yourself.If you can this would be the best option.You don't have to look at a million and two different screens. ( these are ectune links but the same info applies to any ems really.You might have to sign up for the second link but it's really good and shows someone actually doing it)

eCtune :: View topic - Autometer EGT mod for 0-5v
eCtune :: Log in

Or buy a wideband that can log egt's as well like a zeitronix or techedge and sell whatever you have now.The innovative setup works but thats alot of extra stuff if you just want to log egt.My old zeitronix was the size of a credit card and could log egt rpm tps afr psi/vac and two user 0-5 volt options without buying any extra hardware (besides the egt probe and boost sensor).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts