Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first honda, a 93 aztec pearl EX coupe thats bone stock except for a head unit and besides a little rust its a total peach. The only real issue i'm currently having is that the lidhgt behind the speedometer, tach, and a/c controls is out so i have a flashlight taped on the steering column so I can see it. The warning lights still work on the dash but I'm not sure how to fix this issue. The dimmer switch is all the way up and the fuse is fully intact. Does anyone have a how to guide on how to resolve this with basic tools? Thank you

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
The dash is easy to pull. You need to remove the trim in front of the cluster, usually a few screws on the top and then pulls out. Then remove the 4 screws holding the dash in and then yank it out and unplug the harness. Replace blown bulbs. Reverse steps taken to install.

Oh yeah and disconnect the battery before messing with that cluster. I had a digital odometer blow out from not doing that.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
You can test the dimmer switch by putting wire in the plug between the connectors and see if the light comes on. If the lights come on, go get new dimmer. If not then do what was said above if not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts