Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it big risk of breaking Darton sleeves with 77mm bore from high boost or i should go with 76mm or 75.5mm .Purpose of the build is over 500 HP on D16Z6 All Motor.What bore is the maximum safe not to break the sleeves?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
D16Z6 Darton Sleeved block 77mm bore (not sure about it)
9.1 WISECO Pistons
Eagle H-baem rods
ARP Head Studs
ACL Baerings
OEM Crankshaft
OEM Water pump
OEM Oil Pump -ported
Spec ceramic clutch
OEM Flywheel

D16z6 Head (fully build-Port and polish)
Supertech 1mm oversize Valves
Supertech valve springs and titanium retainers
Supertech valve guides
Supertech valve seals
Bisi level 3.6 cam
AEM cam gear
Cometic Head gasket

Edelbrock Performer X Manifold
Edelbrock trottle body (not decided yet what bore)
Topmounted Custom made manifold
Tial 44mm Gate
Tial 50mm BOV

3 inch pipes
Hondata s300

Garrett GT35 or Turbonetics GTK 550(not decided yet)

Tranny
D16z6 with LSD
Axles for 650hp

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha.sorry I thought that when you change everything in engine this is all motor.didnt know about turbos and nitrous.

and sorry for bad English :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thats my room :) just finished cleaning engine ..
This is the old manifold /gate/turbo.(everything is new). that i've bought but never used.I am selling them and go bigger :)

the front bumper is the old one from my last Tuning project that i made(selling it too)

Lambo doors are home made by myself

now I go JDM :)

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Im going to imagine they wont fit without a lot of modification. You should sell them and get Acura TL brembos.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Ditch the Cometic Head Gasket and go with an OEM MLS Honda Head Gasket. All motor is as stated "all motor," or NA (naturally aspirated). Forced Induction is the road you are on. If you are supposed to be on another road, you may want to pull over and ask for some directions. Forced Induction, is forcing air into the engine, whether it be by turbocharger, supercharger, or Nitrous Oxide. Sounds like you have some good plans. As far as the bore size, why don't you go 75mm. That way if something happens and you melt some pistons, you can get the block bored and new pistons. Just my .02!

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Im going to imagine they wont fit without a lot of modification. You should sell them and get Acura TL brembos.
All they need is a new bracket and to make sure the rotor will fit. That's too easy. Way too easy.

Ditch the Cometic Head Gasket and go with an OEM MLS Honda Head Gasket. All motor is as stated "all motor," or NA (naturally aspirated). Forced Induction is the road you are on. If you are supposed to be on another road, you may want to pull over and ask for some directions. Forced Induction, is forcing air into the engine, whether it be by turbocharger, supercharger, or Nitrous Oxide. Sounds like you have some good plans. As far as the bore size, why don't you go 75mm. That way if something happens and you melt some pistons, you can get the block bored and new pistons. Just my .02!
=/ He's got a sleeved block. Why the )#($(*#$ would he want to stick with 75mm when he's got all steel sleeves in the engine? He can go out to 78+mm. He has plenty of room to overbore, while still having stronger bores than stock. He could easily take that block to over 700HP. He's not building some dinky, hacked together piece of junkyard turbo tech.

I will agree that the OEM headgasket is better than the Cometic.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
All they need is a new bracket and to make sure the rotor will fit. That's too easy. Way too easy.
You shouldnt have to use adapters brackets for something as crucial as brakes. When it comes to that, Im a firm believer that if it doesnt bolt on, it doesnt belong. There are plenty of direct bolt on options for large brakes, including brembos.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.