Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK now I've been debating on a sub frame brace for a while now and always happened to keep ASR in mind (especially The Hyper yellow version) as well as BWR. On my quest of colors and Deals I could fine, I had come across this Dark-star Sub frame brace. The way the design of it was looked pretty well done and clean but I could not find any reviews on it. I've searched Everywhere but nothing. So I left the idea but not completely only cause of the powder coated white they had. (something that kept my attention). on the way to Honda day though I had seen a girl with a black and silver DC2 with this brace on it, giving me hope of finding a online forum member talking about it, After looking up reviews I seen Threads of some talking about it but never anyone actually having it. but asking if anyone had got it to update on how it was. oddly enough I decided to order the brace and be the "Test".
When I went to order it I had order polished instead of the powder coated white (had Both Screens open) but I emailed the seller and he had no problem switching the order but unfortunately The white was out of stock, so I stuck with the Polished. The seller Shipped the same day and I was provided with the tracking. A week later and here it is.

I was very surprised on how well done this was made...edges are smooth and clean, seems to be of quality aluminium, no flex....pretty thick and etc. this brace is similar to The BWR one but without the triangles going across the whole thing, something I like very much Engraved With A DS* logo and Made In The USA...the only thing I didn't like was A.) it was not in a box 2.)no sticker lol but in all honesty so far I think if it came in its own box it would've been better but hey beggars cant be choosers and etc at least it was wrapped and in its own bag and the same for the hardware then tapped tightly around the brace so no movement.

So far I give it this rating
Quality A+
Packaging B
Hopefully it will have no fitment issues and etc. I will hopefully be installing today for if not certainly tomorrow and have pics up of it installed so everyone can see.

·
Registered
HOnda Ef Civic
296 Posts
it looks really solid not like those fake asr braces looks like it'll do the job it was designed fgor

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
I've been seeing these around lately. They are an up and coming company like BWR was about 3 or so yrs ago. Glad they are made in the US.

I wouldn't doubt if they already have lcas, camber kits, etc.. Those are usually first to hit the market. Maybe lug nuts shaped as stars or something.

Anyways, great review. I'm sure it'll hold up just fine. They are all of similar quality.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
as promised i installed just now and I had ZERO issues With install, Product fits greats and looks great. everything lined up well and etc. No issues at all besides lca Bolts Not lining up but other then that it was straight forward.

Im about to clean up and try to get a nice clear shot of it wheels mounted and etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been seeing these around lately. They are an up and coming company like BWR was about 3 or so yrs ago. Glad they are made in the US.

I wouldn't doubt if they already have lcas, camber kits, etc.. Those are usually first to hit the market. Maybe lug nuts shaped as stars or something.

Anyways, great review. I'm sure it'll hold up just fine. They are all of similar quality.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
unfortuantly I only saw them produce lug nuts and tow hooks with stars in the circle part (obviously show Piece) but other then that i did not see any other products made...No lCAs and etc. unless there in the process

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Your fly is down.

No Homo!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaaha. We got you. Brace looks dops. Makes me want one. Hmmmm.
I think its hella fresh....same price as BWR on jhp....well I had to "offer" the same price but still...I decided to risk it, Very glad I decided to try it...next is sway bay and id like to get a beaks bar. But its a good alternate to the BWR if you don't like the triangles straight accross.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
are thoes the blox drag coilovers if so how u like them ?
There actually Omni but I have driven on blox and that's my next purchase is the competition series they are decent coil overs if you get the basics but I actually like the competition series. There real nice.ou

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
i hope u know blox/omni had same mfg... conclusion???
and subframe brace looks like any other shiny aluminium copied suspension part out there? whats so different/special about this one??? price difference well okay. id rather give my money to someone who does R&D and innovators/originators .

·
Registered
127 Posts
There actually Omni but I have driven on blox and that's my next purchase is the competition series they are decent coil overs if you get the basics but I actually like the competition series. There real nice.ou
You'll be wasting some money buying Blox coilovers....

i hope u know blox/omni had same mfg... conclusion???
and subframe brace looks like any other shiny aluminium copied suspension part out there? whats so different/special about this one??? price difference well okay. id rather give my money to someone who does R&D and innovators/originators .
There's nothing really complicated with a subframe brace. The main part that prevents tear out is essentially exactly what Beaks sells. That's it. Pretty simple for someone with a mechanical background to design, produce and sell...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Ugh.

Have you guys seen the shock dyno plots of those POSs? Horrendous doesn't even come close. =(

Bone is saying that you have a quality copy of a Chinese copy of the Original (ASR). That is just . . . dumb.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
The ASR is only 200$! Why the hell would u buy a cheap copy of something that's already dirty cheap?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm very aware of asr being only 40 dollars more... and I agree with the r+d, originators and etc. I stated in the beginning that's the only reason I bought this was to do a review on whether it was a cheap copy or whatever and that my first choice was in fact ASRs hyperyellow brace. I'm not saying that this is by far the best and you can say that I wasted $140...I see it as $140 spent just to see what it was about....this is all I was trying to accomplish. Is this not the goal of a review? I will post further on how sway bar mounting is and etc...and I might get the skunk2 phi fifty bar to see how compatible the bar is with an aftermarket brace.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts