Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got these from horsepowerfreaks.com for like $65.00 *brand new*, and they're rod bearings...this is how they looked when I recieved them yesterday! Not too happy with the packaging, they were sitting free, scratching each other in kinda ziplock bag. So heres the final results of letting them bang against each other during shipment...

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doin that as we speak...fuckin piss me off....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you run your finger across it (i know, i know) you can feel the gouges and scratches in them, I'm just waiting for a responce from them now

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom responded and he's fowarding the pictures to Toga company right now, and awaiting a responce from them...shit, I don't have much time left before I have to have this motor together

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
horsepowerfreaks.com

So far they've been helpful. I guess they order the product straight from Toga and have nothing to do with the packaging...Oh and I can gaurantee they'll be shipped overnight free of charge.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
90zcrx said:
horsepowerfreaks.com

So far they've been helpful. I guess they order the product straight from Toga and have nothing to do with the packaging...Oh and I can gaurantee they'll be shipped overnight free of charge.
Interesting...when I ordered mine, they were shipped from a company the next state over, an import shop. They do seem to take care of things though, good luck to you

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks bro, hopefully I can get them soon...behind schedule on this damn build :(

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMFG!!!! I called Tom at horsepowerfreaks and he got ahold of Toga, and they said that there is NO WAY POSSIBLE for the bearings to be scratched by their packaging...I said "they were in a fuckin plastic bag loosely scratching each other...there IS a fuckin way!!!" I guess they spend thousands of dollars on packaging insuring the bearings are perfect at arrival...blah blah blah...

But Tom at horsepowerfreaks (being the good guy he is) is taking half a loss in my behalf and sending me new bearings. Great guys at that site...nothing wrong with them at all and have done nothing but help me...it's just toga's way of packaging that's shit...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
could be! I'll post a pic later of the package if you can tell me its the same way yours were???

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
likely you mean vacuum packed, and with a bad seal, the plastic would come loose and the bearings rattle around.

I ran a vacuum sealing machine for 14 years :)

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Well vacum packed/shrink wrapped. The plastic is definately melted and shrunk, not just vacuumed.

HEHE I ran a vacuum pack machine for some time too. 1 little pinhole and the packaging is useless for what it was intended. <--Food Industry

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
civic4ges said:
Well vacum packed/shrink wrapped. The plastic is definately melted and shrunk, not just vacuumed.

HEHE I ran a vacuum pack machine for some time too. 1 little pinhole and the packaging is useless for what it was intended. <--Food Industry
Please don't say you were packing hot dogs and lunchmeat........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts