Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i swapped my d15b7 in my 93 coupe for a d16z6, which has the map mounted on the throttle body, where the d15 has it on the firewall... the z6 engine harness has the plug for the map sensor, the b7 firewall harness has a plug for the map sensor. i have been getting cel 3 and cel 5 back and forth swapping the throttlebodies and plug around in every possible way i can come up with to ditch this cel. i hooked up the vacuum correctly when i had it on the firewall, and all sorts of nonsense. i don't think this cel is directly related to map itself, but for the life of me, i can't figure out what is wrong. i've tried disabling it in uberdata and crome, i've tried running check valves to it in case it was seeing boost...

WTF??

·
Registered
331 Posts
you probably have a bad map sensor. mine just went bad about 2 weeks ago i was drive and all of a sudden Cel 3 came on and it started to run like shit. change the map and see what happens.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
unravel the firewall map connector from behind the fuel filter, plug it into the throttle body..........problem solved :)

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried to do that, but still got the cel, i arranged it several different ways by swapping the plugs and throttle bodies. does it really matter which map i use as long as one is hooked up, b/c the z6 map may be bad.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
you have to use the firewall connector, there are no wires on the main harness from the ECU to main harness connection. Either map will work though.....

I

·
0 Posts
i did the very same swap and my 92' cx which had the map on the throttlebody.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts