Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just picked up a sohc zc long block for next to nothing from a guy who thought it had locked up. But after disassembly I could only find a stuck exh valve.

So my plans for now are to just freshen it up with a mild rebuild. it will be going into my daily driven 91 civic sedan which is driven around 100 miles a day.

thinking of new Honda rod and crank bearings, NPR rings, and if the ZC head is usable new seals and guides. From what I have gathered P29/Pm7 pistons will give me just over a 10:1 compression ratio with a y8 gasket. this is my first Honda build so I'm going to try and use this thread as a log as I go along. I'm going to have this done within the next 3 months our so I hope. Also any tips tricks or advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know everyone likes pics so Here are a couple now that I have it up on the stand and into my workspace.

Got the head off.... cylinders look pretty good

No more setting all my shit on the washer and dryer lol!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got the block to the machine shop and had it honed and cleaned. Scored some PM7's off H-T for a pretty good price and ordered a set of NPR's for them.

Now I'm looking to get a set of main and rod bearings. I had been thinking of getting the ACL race set but after a bit of reading I'm a little worried of their "one size fits most" sizing. So I'm thinking of going with Honda brand bearings.
I'm hoping you guys could help me decipher what bearings I need to get. Here it goes......

The block stamp is: BBBBB Crank is: 32312 = Grn Ylw Grn Pnk Ylw

Rods marked: 3223 Crank is: CCCB = Brn Grn Grn Grn

Do I have this right?

Also If anyone has experience with the ACL's I'd appreciate some input.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ this makes sense to me but doesn't at the same time.... I know its minimal differences but wouldn't it cause a step to be created from having 2 different thicknesses?

please forgive my ignorance. not saying your wrong, just making sure I understand completely....

·
Registered
348 Posts
This has always been something I've wondered as well, never done a complete rebuild and I'm about to do one pretty soon so it'd be some great info tohave

Nick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ For some reassurance

(Mains) The block stamp is: BBBBB Crank is: 32312 = Grn Ylw Grn Pnk Ylw

(Rod Ends) Rods marked: 3223 Crank is: CCCB = Brn Grn Grn Grn

Did I get this right?

And from some more research I think I get what you are saying Beaver. Since most have found that the ACL's are = to Honda Green I would be safe ordering a set of ACL's since most of my rods call for green. Then measure the other(brn) and order that pair from Honda...... Correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts