Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was woundering today what setups you guys are running for a daily driver. I am in the middle of planning my turbo ans I am running into some issues. I only plan to run 5-7 psi so I will keep the stock internals. Any recomendations on parts.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running into problems with parts selection. I am building a d16 with a z6 or a y8 head. I have a a6 block but i dont know if I will be using it or not(due to its age). I plan on retaining a/c and p/s. This motor/turbo setup will be built on a stand and then swapped into my 00 ex coupe. Since I will be using this vehicle as my daily driver I have to have it relaible.
So far I was thinking of using a ssac or a ccfab manifold and downpipe due to the fact that they both retain a/c and p/s. I am wondering what turbo. what map senser. what injectors. and what managment to use.
My main goal is to have a fun daily driver that I dont have to work on every day. I dont mind wrenching but I dont want to be stranded. I am a mechanic at the local honda dealer(Park Honda for any of u guys in the Akron OH area) so I know the impostance of having a dependable ride.

·
Registered
97 civic dx
16 Posts
well im a ef guy, so fuel managment might be different. im running a misu t25, dsm 450 inj, ported hf manifold w/plate, 255pump, b&m fpr, turboedit pm6 with personal map,27x6.5x2.74 fmic, 1g bov, 2.5 turbo-back, boosting 11psi and a great setup for daily driving, no issues at all, and been with this setup for about 6 months now. (stock d16a6)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys think a d16a6 bottom end and a d16z6 head combo will take boost well? I wouldnt see why it wouldnt. I know that the a6 pistons creat a bit higher compresion but since I only plan on running 5-7psi it shouldnt be an issue.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
krwtek1 said:
Do you guys think a d16a6 bottom end and a d16z6 head combo will take boost well? I wouldnt see why it wouldnt. I know that the a6 pistons creat a bit higher compresion but since I only plan on running 5-7psi it shouldnt be an issue.
its a little bit higher compression, but with the boost you ask about, i dont see why it wouldnt work just fine. just make sure you have a good tune

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I run 10psi daily on my Stock Z6 w/ over 100k on motor. Check sig for setup..

·
Registered
EG92 4 Door/Sedan
44 Posts
This Mini-me compression# might help you.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27126

IMO for daily drive are couple things to consider.

1. Turbo selection
Small one like my setup it spool fast (fun in the city) but no fun on Hwy. due to lack of high end power. The appropriate one (for city and hwy.) should be the one that start spooling some where @ mid. 3000 rpm and max out not ealry than 6000 (7000 rpm might be good)

2. Fuel mgt. method
5-7 psi have various choice: FMU, Piggy back(Vafc hack, e-mange, fields, etc.) or stand alone. You may find strong and weak points on each methods in this link.
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

3. Clutch
This part is not many post mention on it. but after my first turbo setup 7 psi of boost with brand new OEM clutch, it slip easy when race. But its ok for normal ride (not beat too much on it). If you seach around you will see that even on the low boost it will create so much torque. So it should be a good idea to save some budget for more sticky clutch. :)

Hope you have fun on boosting

·
Registered
92 eg cx
89 Posts
I am not trying to jack this thread and have searched and still have this question... I saw that you guys are boosting dd's. I drive ~300 miles a week most of the time on the highway and was wondering if it would still be a good idea to boost im looking for low boost but to eventually build the motor ~230whp goal. I have a z6 with ~158k on it and a new lsd clutch. Also, I drive alot in Long island and the city sometimes so there is stop and go at times. Thanks you for your time / imput.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
I am not trying to jack this thread and have searched and still have this question... I saw that you guys are boosting dd's. I drive ~300 miles a week most of the time on the highway and was wondering if it would still be a good idea to boost im looking for low boost but to eventually build the motor ~230whp goal. I have a z6 with ~158k on it and a new lsd clutch. Also, I drive alot in Long island and the city sometimes so there is stop and go at times. Thanks you for your time / imput.
shouldn't bump 2 year old threads lol

if your compression is good, go for it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts