Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
good info. im going notec on my Z6 head with Y7 valve train and just wanted something better than stock.. ill ve driving the car like 80 miles a day and im upgrading to a DSM 16G....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Last Delta cam I had, motor was perfect. Set the valves adj as per Delta recommendation, ran rotela and zinc additive. The cam went flat and wipe out ALL the rocker pads with in 5,000 miles........
Help me understand something, is the problem the cam manufacturer or the fact that the profile is so aggressive that it is just hard on the pads?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last Delta cam I had, motor was perfect. Set the valves adj as per Delta recommendation, ran rotela and zinc additive. The cam went flat and wipe out ALL the rocker pads with in 5,000 miles........
which cam did you have?

I planned on getting the 260 just to have something better than the Y7. I figured the 260 with its .400 lift wouldn't be too bad. the ITR and CTR have more than .400 lift and a bit less than 260 duration..

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Delta can't (or doesn't, but that's even worse, I think) grind cams consistently and, lately has been showing lack of Give a F*(& about finish, likely due to poor or no maintenance on his machines, which were bought used a long while ago. Considering there are more and more issues with Delta's cams lately, I just think the equipment is getting to the point where there is no consistency, which is bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts