Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Time to show the car most time I used to drive. I bought this piece of shit under 800$ in June 2017 with blown head gasket. 3 days later it was runing strong and since that day the only issue I had was a blown clutch (and another embarrasing moment, when I sent the car to the shop because the crash buttom jumped and didnt knew why fuel pump wasnt working).

The day I bought it in Barcelona to first owner, 180.000 Km (100.000 miles aprox) It's an '98 MB3 D15Z8 evtec 114hp.

I made a little maintenance when bought it, because car hadn't any history of what was done: All filters, brake fluid, pads and disks...

The very first thing I added was the "Igor" sticker. 7 years ago my friend died in a car crash. He had an VTi MB6 and he introduced me to the honda world. The rest of mods I installed in a short time were VTi wing, lip, steering wheel and seats. Also, for a time EK4 wheels.

All 4 wheel arches had a bit of rust, and 2 years ago on Valentines day a tourist crashed to my car and using the insuance money I repaired rear arches and replace the fenders. The bumper came to his form with just heat.

I friend gave me a couple of headlights he had from his previous car and I made a retrofit.

I installed this headlights, but sold them a year later because they dont pass the inspection in my county and I was a bit lazy to install them again. I painted the OEM ones with black masks and polish them

January 2020, a really cold night, dark Ice... and this happend. Luckily I only broke a side skirt towing the car, I fixed it with some zip ties.

Some weeks ago I painted with liquid vynil the wippers and the grill

And last week I took everything out of the car because I had some water filtrations. Sealed them, they were in the front pilar and in the trunk. After that no more mist on wet days.

I cleaned everything outside the car. Also, I glued insulating in the roof and rear inside arches. It was cheap and now in highways car is really silent.

The roof carpet was detached, so I glued a new one and installed an extra roof light

I sprayed the door molding in black, I'm planing to paint in silver the side skirts, side mirrors and handles to look like an VTi

And finally today coilovers arrived, I'm waiting to arrive the rear arms bushings to install both and align the car.

Next steps coming, 15" wheels, change the flywheel-clutch kit with a XTD one like in the EK1 but with a stage1 disk and a S40 trans from a EJ8 coupe that I have in my garage (this one comes with the long gear S40), Inox headers to decat with OEM VTi exhaust and and aftermarket Intake. I'm also modifing the center console to install a 2 din like in this brico I found a time ago. It would be interesting to find a rear VTi-S lip too.

Thats all for now.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Replace that ground wire under the intake arm, from trans to chassis.

The cooler air might actually help a little at highway speeds. At least you are keeping it totally isolated!

Reactions: EFB055

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,878 Posts
look at the corrosion.

Reactions: EFB055

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
171 Posts
Good ground cables and connections will make more of a difference than you would believe, and if 1 is on its way out I would bet the others need looked at, and at the very least cleaned.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've checked and yep, that one was needing change. Ordered a new one. Also checked the rest, but that was the only looking corroed.

Well, this is how a boring sunday ended beeing interesting. Needed all the day to fit correctly, gluing and welding the wires.

·
4,878 Posts
should have checked your cabin filter while you were there

·
4,878 Posts
on top of your game, nice.

Reactions: patxi

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
You can always take some 80grit sandpaper to it to smooth it out and dig it a bit beyond the surface, then use body filler and take it down to a smooth surface.

or sand it down CLOSE, then simply give it a wrinkle finish like a valve cover!

Reactions: patxi and EFB055

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I installed the coils, Now I need some wheel. Hope to find something 15x6.5 et35 because the OEM ones dont fill the wheel arch and car looks really narrow. A pic with my Cañonero, looks even lower

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I quite like the 'low on stock wheels' look. Maybe slip some spacers on there to widen the track a little.
I love the VTi-S wheels (link), but, really hard to find and 4x114,3 not 4x100 like the non vti models of the MB chassis and I dont want to swap the wheel hubs. I will try to search some late 90's wheels that would fit with car style.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts