Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well the universal sliders...if they qwanna charge you for them id recommend saying no thank you :) went out to home depot and bought 6 feets of aluminum plate and built a bracket to mount to the seat then the rails to that. took about 4 hours to complete and put the SEAT in (pass) and it turned out great. the ride height of the seat is a tad bit taller and thats proably due to the bracket i had to build but its no big deal. the seats didnt look like they came aroudn my shoulders and much more than my stock DX seats i have in my hf but that extra inch or so is a BIG diffrence. the material is quite nice actually, not some cheap stuff or anything. better than i even expected. tomorrow the driver side hopefully will take me less time to assemble since i did one now already.

as for mouonting the harness i did the seat belt mounts in stock position and then i extended the rear part that basiclly is supposed to bolt into the body of the car but instead i made it strap around my rear strut tower bar. not sure how safe that is but i figured hey if i need ot use the harnesses i figure that strut bar should be holding pretty good and if not my whole rear suspension is coming out :)

10 out of 10

ps. my gf comes into town tomorrow and has a digi cam so ill get some pics up asap. also get some updated pics of my overall car :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Well, DIY is fun isn't it?
How much did you pay for the pair? (And are they reclining seats or fixed bucket?) Let us know what you think, cause I either need to reupholster my CRX seats or get some new ones.

-ic

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I just saw your edit.
Um, I really dont recommend mounting the belts to the rear strut brace. As far as I've ever encountered, this is not sanctioned as safe. If you're going to use harnesses to increase the safety, then you should do it right and not just for looks.
BTW, what brand harnesses are you using and how do you like them?

-ic

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the whikle package deal was like $369 with harness's and rails and free shipping.. couldnt beat that. the harness's i have no idea to be honest iwth you. they are just black with no writing on them. personally i like that. i hate having name brands showing everywhere but to whatever you like. the harness's seemed nice when i strapped myself into the passengar seat. i tightened it all the way and i coiukdnt even bend forward or move an inch. no itching or antyhing.

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
icarusdown said:
I just saw your edit.
Um, I really dont recommend mounting the belts to the rear strut brace. As far as I've ever encountered, this is not sanctioned as safe. If you're going to use harnesses to increase the safety, then you should do it right and not just for looks.

-ic
im with him ojn this one ...i wouldnt fuck aront with safety mount the harnesses the way they are made to be mounted ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts