Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm installing a Innovative competition bar when the trans goes back in, and need a solution for my radiator. Currently I'm using their B-swap replacement crossmember and it has provisions for a half size but they brackets they offer to mount the half size on the comp bar are $70...and I could go back to a fullsize radiator for that price! I will need to find the radiator mount I cut off for the half size though.

Anywho, to the topic at hand. I just took measurements on a stock CRX and DA radiator, and everything looks close enough but the DA's cap position is slightly higher and the top tank has a bulge that runs a bit further towards the driver side than the CRX unit. Will this be any issue, and if so what's the best way to counteract it? I've got a CF hood, so no denting it up lol.

I'd be open to easy bracket suggestions to fit the half size for now until I go to a full size.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Half core fits like crap in a 4th gen. The parts store replacement radiator for a DA fits just fine as long as you have the factory full width radiator stays.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Half core fits like crap in a 4th gen. The parts store replacement radiator for a DA fits just fine as long as you have the factory full width radiator stays.
The IM b swap replacement Xmmber fits it perfectly, but I'm moving to their competition bar so I have caster adjustment (not sure if the frames tweaked or current Xmember is, but caster is always off on one side). Plus it doesn't sit as low and still mounts in stock location, so should be SMF legal, the way I understand the rules.

I do have to reattach one of the lower rad mounts I had to shave for the half size to sit on the bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts