Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 crx si
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want to a local junkyard and found a d17a2 engine in a 2002 honda civic ex but the thing is that i dont know how to tell if it's a vtec or non vtec. could someone help me please? and also i was removing the header and i stripped on of the bolts could someone teach me on how to get it out?

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
It should say "VTEC" on the plastic cover that's on top of the Valve cover, see below. As far as the stripped bolt; vise grips and PB Blaster...

What do you want a D17 for?

·
Registered
45 Posts
well if it doesn't come with a plastic cover look to the left of the head and u will see a green solenoid and it doesn't matter we got e-vtec its garbage doesn't work

·
Registered
88 crx si
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iwas at Pipes-u-auto pull it and saw that they had 2 hondas.One was a crx and the other was a civic i wanted the engine from the crx but someone took most of it and the civi8c engine was still in tact so i pulled it out. it's in great condition

·
Registered
2004 Civic EX
58 Posts
If it is a d17a2 then it is vtec, just look on the block and check to see what the engine code says that is stamped on the block just to the left of the exhaust manifold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts