Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my search won't work on here so anyway, since I can't get the power out of my motor staying na, it looks like I will have to do a motor swap again. I don't want b series it to expensive, so I have been looking at the bisimoto d series to h series adapter plate and putting in a h22.

My question is has anyone on here done that befor?? I don't want to turbo the zc. I have already had a hatch with a turboed zc and a lsvtec turbo both motors were fast but the lsvtec didn't like being turboed and I couldn't get them to run right. with my car now with itb's it's alot more fun na plus I have power when I step on the gas with no turbo lag. Coments are welcome thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Since when is a H-Series swap cheaper than a B-Series? The running issues could be solved with a good tune. There are a lot of options out there, I am sure more people will chime in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's cheaper since I already have all the d series parts all I need is the h22 long block and to do some wiring. If I was to swap a gsr or type R motor I will be wasting time and money when I can do the h22 cheaper and get more power out of it. Trust me I have done my research on how much this stuff would be. All I want to know is like ground clearence issues or hood issues( I can work around that)

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i am doing an h2b in a friends car as we speak. ground clearance is not an issue as it sits just as high as a b-series swap. hood clearance requires several spacers. once again, this is the quartersports h2b kit. not the bisimoto kit. im sure there wont be that many differences tho.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
DOHC DX on here had an H2B in his EK, maybe he'll see this and tell you more about it... H22's have a good power-for-the-dollar ratio, but if you get it properly tuned I'm sure you could build a turbo zc that would be faster (and probably cheaper...)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like I said befor I dont want to go turbo and that would be the only way to make 200+ whp. with the h22 I can get that eaiser and still have it n/a

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
whats so bad about goin turbo??? its not that bad really...
h22 seems like alot more time and work to get it up and running let alone up to 200hp

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
This isn't a flame, but you shouldn't have had your hopes up coming here for info. It was worth a shot, and you might get some information, but you came to a board dedicated to the D series of engines and you're asking about H-swapping. It's gonna be slim pickings! :D

Have you tried honda-tech.com? Seems thats where all the people go that abandon thier D for Bs, Hs, or Ks (Oh My).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not saying turbo's are bad there just bad for me, as I wrote up top I hae had another zc and lsvtec and both were turboed I could'nt get them to run right to much maintanenceand more stuff to worry about. turbo's are not for me they don't work right when I have them. On the other hand na has been the way so far I always have the most fun na with all of them. I love my zc but for what power I want it's just not possible to get there with it.

I posted on this site because there might have been some that have done it befor since everyone is d series. I'm not totaly abadoning my motor I'm selling it to my bro at that I will still have to take care of it. like I said I love my little motor but I just need more power

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The guy asked about the H2D setup b/c he's curious about it. I dont see why ppl are talking to him about his turbo setups. If he chooses to go n/a then leave it at that.

What chasis are u using?
In the 88-95 chasis u dont have to cut your strut tower for a F/H (dohc).

If u check honda-tech there's a guy who did this hybrid in a 96-00 civic. He had to cut some of his strut tower to make clearance for the timing belt. And there's alot of grinding to the block to allow the axle to move freely. U also have to make your own driver mount bracket. And u need some type of slave cylinder thing that Bisi sells if this is for a hydro tranny. U need to space your hood or get a cowl hood with the (dohc) F/H motors.

All in all i think the kit is nice. It would be good to get shorter gears for this setup. And also get a lsd if u dont have 1 already.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks necro I have a rhd ef. I talked to bisi yesterday and he explained alot, I have a zc trans which should do the job pretty good with the gears

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
No problem, just trying to help. Let me know how it goes. Definately wanna see some pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts