Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Turns out i need to click the "attach paper clip" not the pic looking icon

Attachments

Well i have no idea how to do anything on here any more lol. Nor sure how to upload pics..i hope its easier on my computer. But on my phone i cant seem to figure it out.

Anyway. I got some more work done on this. Its slowly moving along. With winter coming it should start to move faster.

I have my rods machined. The small end is opened up for bseries wrist pin and the sides are milled to fit them on the D17 crank. They will milled to off set them due to the bore spacing being different.

The rods needed 3mm off them to fit the d17 crank and it works out that is exactly how much i need rod 1 and 4 offset. Rods 2 and 3 only needed to be offset 1mm each. Since im.working from the center line out.

I have my valve seats done. They are made of C63000 ni-alu-bronze.

The valve seats are made for me to use +2mm intake and +1mm exaust valves.
I plan on running ferrea super alloy exaust valves and supertech SS black nitrate intakes (ferrea doesnt make +2 intakes)

Sleeves are being machined as i type this. I need to rought them out, harden them and then finish machining after.

I hope to get working on the block here soon. I realized ill have to weld up the sided of the.block..by the tensioner pully mount and also the same spot on the other end. As the wider bore spacing and also the sleeves thickness will have them poking out of the block slightly.

Ill figure out how to post pics after i post this.

its much easier now on a computer to add pics, no more photo bucket crap. Glad to see progress being made

Reactions: Evanguy
no idea what it looks like from a phone, but on a computer
l
l
v right there is a paperclip you would click on to upload your images.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Yeah i got it figured out now lol, thanks slo. Im not even old lol but i dont like this newfangled stuff.

Well i have very crude pics of the parts of the block i need to weld up before boring for the sleeves. The area circled in red on the block pics is what i need welded up and the red circled part on the sleeves (not mine just stole from.the internet for visual purposes) pic is to show the area of the sleeve that will be coming through the side of the block if i dont building it up first.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #26 · (Edited)
Yup solid bar. 175$ a foot. Should transfer heat really well and hold up to to any RPM's i smack them with. I beleive beryllium would be the only better meteral but cost held me back and they would give me cancer.

"C63000 nickel aluminium bronze combines high strength and wear resistance under severe loading conditions. The
addition of nickel increases the alloy strength without diminishing its ductility, toughness and corrosion resistance."

Ohhhh yeah she will be thin. Thicker then a B20 with 86mm bore... thinner then a B20 with a 85mm bore. Ill have to go real easy on the ignition tuning. But the q16 or M5 should help with that.

Also i used a manual mill to face then off. Ill send them out to get the big ends reaized.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.