Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i want to start by thanking my friends aaron and james for the help with this. but i want to give a massive thanks to preludepatrick for helping me find my parts i needed and being so insightful also for being super patient and cool.

some backstory.

i built my D17Y8 last year. the specs on it where.

11:1 cr with 91 oct. fuel

d16y8 head.
head pnp
crower stage 2 NA cam and valve springs
ferrea 5000 valves.
shaved .025

block d16y8.
bored .5mm
.5mm over d17 OE pistons
oe d17 rods
oe d17 crank.
oe bearings.

375cc injectors

everything has been running great for about 11,500 miles. well me and a buddy who is here on the forum got to talking about boost. either sc or nitrous or something.

well james(atheworld0)(my bud who i mention earlier) happend appon a JRSC for dirty cheap. so we went and looked at it. it was all golden so i bought it and decided to put it on.

so the plan was to add to SC
add a catch can and other block ventilation
add a larger fuel pump
put some prothane motor mount inserts
clean up a little bit
fix some oil leak issues
pull out power steering
and have some fun.

so here is some pictures.

sorry i dont have any pictures of the sc before i put it on. not like me to do that but i just forgot to i guess.

before

building the catch can. now i dont have all the pictures but all its missing is the filter and bung i put in it.

so me and my friend Aaron who is PANDAmonium366 on the forum started taring into the engine getting the intake off.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

finishing her up.

have a few issues with the belt lining up. thats because i had to shim the timing belt cog so my timing belt would line up when i first built the engine. and so the belt problem will get fixed soon enough.

we are still working on the tune but the thing is sweet!
will get it dynoed some time when i have the money lol.

its getting 4 psi
the thing just pulls. its sick.
ill post rippers soon.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Love it man. I wish I would have actually bolted the JRSC I had on my high comp a6. Can't wait to see vids. What kind of power were you putting down NA?

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that's just a normal V8-style foam breather that pushes in, right?

any problems with oil spitting?

I may make one myself...
yup paid like 5 bucks at autozone for it lol.

no i have no oil spitting issues. it doesnt leak at all. the damn thing is in there super tight. i can twist the cap on and off using just the breather so its plenty tight.

and the thing vents well with out soaking in oil.

I love it. The end of that second video was Teh bees knees!! When are you planning to Dyno

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i plan to dyno it when i get the time and money lol.

hopefully before the end of spring.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Seems be pull really good for what it is. Def need to strap it to the dyno and get to the track this spring ! Love the way it sounds man.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
too rice for me.
That term means anything not American, so if you are driving a Honda/Toyota/Subaru etc., you are a bit ricey.

Not sure most people understand how dumb it sounds to call another enthusiast into the same foreign market cars a "ricer", or saying their cars are "rice" when they pulled up in the same type of hoopty, pathetic.

I used to do it, once, but I hated myself right afterward as I fired up my lowered Honda civic that sounds louder then it is fast, bumpin some Lamb of God, burning 16.9 on the quarter, like a ricer.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seems be pull really good for what it is. Def need to strap it to the dyno and get to the track this spring ! Love the way it sounds man.
I have plans to take it to the drag strip. I cant wait to see what it will do over last year. Thanks man.

That term means anything not American, so if you are driving a Honda/Toyota/Subaru etc., you are a bit ricey.

Not sure most people understand how dumb it sounds to call another enthusiast into the same foreign market cars a "ricer", or saying their cars are "rice" when they pulled up in the same type of hoopty, pathetic.

I used to do it, once, but I hated myself right afterward as I fired up my lowered Honda civic that sounds louder then it is fast, bumpin some Lamb of God, burning 16.9 on the quarter, like a ricer.
Lol. I can see where your coming from. But really nobody is going to call gramma in her 4 door civic a racer but a 25 year old guy in his 4 door is? Lol.

But i get it if you drive a stock honda i think you have room to talk but truley i wouldnt get to bent out of shape. Just one dudes opinion we all have them. If its some big v8 nut swingger then just wax the floor with him, he will have to shut up then lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts