Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 civic ex.. im new to honda. my car has the d17a2, looking for some suggestions on what to do with this engine. wether its n/a or f/i, it doesnt matter im open to anything, so let me know what you guys think. thanks.

im wanting to make some pretty decent power.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You need to be more specific to what your looking for.

Pretty decent power? Is that 175hp or 250hp? Are you daily driving it? Is this a project and have the ability to take it off the road for awhile, or are you looking for quick power?

Just a bit more info would help us a ton! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
build what you've got.

quick and easy power = bisimoto cam + springs, i/h/e, and a good tune
GO!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
To tune you have to go kpro or standalone it will not be cheap or easy. I would just drive the car stock and get another older/cheaper honda to play with. I am sorry to say but the only thing good about a d17 is the crank, rods, pistons, oil pump, rear main plate to swap it all into a older d16. Or I would only do i/h/e

Is this a auto or manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a manual of course. i was looking maybe for a turbo kit, but im not sure what to do about tuning. a few bolt ons, cams, and a tune would be good. let me change my question to, what could i do to add some power to the car? not a huge amount i guess.

sorry for the noobish question, but im not sure what i/h/e even is.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
that means you prob havents searched...

intake,header,exhausrt

all of which will do shit for your car. the 01-05 hondas have an adaptive ecu.with your stock computer no matter what you do your car will figure out you modified it...after a week any gains you got will have been lost.without a stock ecu that is... your only tuning options are piggy backs like k-pro or e-manange.

while 92-00 civics can easily be tuned on a chipped p28 or p06 ecu with much better results than any piggyback

·
Registered
52 Posts
dezod use to make a turbo kit for this car and engine. i have a 2001 civic EX, so i know what you are going through. TSI makes a turbo kit and you may purchase that and the only other car mod i believe you would need to do is convert the fuel system to a return style. this kit should be able to make around 275 max with the gt25 turbo that the kit comes with. it should cost you around 3500 and then some more to convert the fuel system. pretty decent cost ratio. but i would also suggest a brake upgrade if you plan to go this route as well as some better tires. dont wanna get killed by not being able to stop. you may find this at procivic.com they have respectable things for our car year. look around and see what you want

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man. im familiar with the gt25, and was hoping there was a kit for this car. would you mind going into a little more detail about the converting the fuel system to a return style? im not sure what you mean..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts