Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up im new to this site i so i thougth i woud post a few pictures of my 2003 honda civic. Ive been on 7thgencivic.com for a while but its getting run down with rice. This site has more of a tuner feel to it . :smile:

Also here is whats in my D17A2/Y8

A D17A2 with a D17A1 Tranny
ACT Street lite Flywheel 11.9 lbs
Centerforce Stage II Clutch
HKS Turbo Manifold
Garrett T25/28ar side Turbo
Honed D16Y8 Intake manifold
RC 550cc Injectors
Return Fuel Line
Remote idle air sensor
D16Y8 TB
D16Y8 Fuel rail
AEM FPR
Crower Rods
Race Engineering Pistons
ARP Rod Bolts
3.25" Exhaust
Revo SS
AEM PP
No Cat
Custom Downpipe 2.5 inch
Turbo XS Boost Controller
Turbo XS Blow off valve
Front mount intercooler 24" x 12"
Greddy Emanage (with Igniton harness)
Accel inline pump
Tein Springs
Revo Camber kit
17" 6 Spoke with 205/40 R17 (Good old stock wheels for the winter)
JDM Grill
JDM Front and rear lips
Black interior Head lights
Air/fuel and Boost Guages
Battery box in trunk
W Washer resivor in trunk to make room for IC Pipeing

Pics are old (before afew things on the list) I will have some new pics soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
nice, how did you get the y8 mani on there, is it straight swap or some sanding and grinding required

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
That is very clean..two thumbs up for you..!

D

·
0 Posts
I'm pumped to see this. For two years I've owned my 7thgen, and I am DYING to get started with the project. Most times its discouraging with the total lack of support and interest, but the few, like you, who bring back the hope make it worth the frustration. I can't wait for the diy. Excellent work man.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I see that you made the swap but how did you do it? Where is the DIY? Plus I would like to know how the car runs now after you switched all those parts. Any better? About the same??? Feel us in.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
How the Fukk did you make that work.. That is some cool shit! Mad props for your work! :) I was on 7th Gen forever too because I have a 02 and just got tired of it because there wasnt shit for our cars or nothing, so I just started working on the olders civics because they are faster and alot cheaper to make faster the new Civ's .. Good luck w/ car.. I want more picss..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry it’s taking a long time but it’s hard to round up all the part numbers and whatnot form everything. Here is an overview for now; the key things to make it work are 1. Port the top two bolt holes of the Manifold slightly. 2. You have to make a remote idle air control valve (if you look at the picture it is the thing with the two steel braded lines coming off of it). 3. Make a return fuel line 4. You have to change all the sensor wiring over to the d16 (except for the MAP). 5. Make larger MAP hole for the d17 MAP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Seems kinda complicated to do. But as long as it works. Still, how has the performance changed? Is it better or about the same? I want to know if it is worth the swap or not cause I have all the things needed to do the swap that you have.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I will do it, but instead of building a remote idle valve, I will use a K24 (crv) throttle body (60mm). This throttle body have everything on it: MAP, idle valve, the purge valve (from the canister). It fit on the manifold, but you have to cut "holes" for the MAP and the idle valve, and you have to open the throttle hole a little because this throttle is bigger than the stock Y8. Also the k20 (62mm) throttle should fit; it is bigger than the K24.

I plann to install it with type-s K20 injectors and the stock fuel rail. Then reset the ECU and let it work with them.

P.S.
I have pictures but don't know how to attach them.

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
1991 Honda Civic STD
810 Posts
A 7th gen that is fast without a K-swap is a pretty big accomplishment. :TU:

I had an '01 silver EM2 coupe for almost a year but traded it in for an EF..I wish I could have afforded both.

7th gens are the least bouncy, quietest & comfiest of Civic's I've been in besides the 2006+ models. Their interiors are awesome.

The day me & my bro picked her up, Fall 2000. Sold spring '03

What my brother & I shared 'till I rolled it..:neutral:

R.I.P. DC4. Jan. 2006

Import Al's driveway, March '03.

The sole survivor, 1991 Civic STD, June '06.

Sorry, I still think about them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts