Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a D17A2 in my 2003 Honda Civic EX. I want to push my car to 300+ hp. It comes tock with about 137 Hp. I want to put a turbo on it. I was wondering what a good turbo to put on would be t28,t3/t4,t25? What kind of mods you have to do? (fuel, crank, air, ECU?) I have been a fan of imports for a long time and just recently (2 months) bought my first one. Hoping someone here can help me out as I am very new to all this...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was guna boost my civic...then I realized how much upkeep a turbo was. But im pretty sure your fuel and spark will be good for up to 300hp...if nothin else you could always pick up a new fuel pump

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi everybody .... i need some help please .. I have 2001 civic 4 doors D15Y automatic transmission ... can I swap a D17A2 on the D15 automatic gear box ( my original engine automatic transmission ) ???

·
Registered
Mk3 Golf
40 Posts
My d17 was my first boosted motor and It was a very good learning experience. I strongly suggest getting hondata's kpro. It is around $1000 but well worth it, trust me. Unless of course you're this guy^^^lol. If you're having any issues, this is definitely the place to be. ;)

·
Registered
my 05 civic d17a2
1 Posts
hey i have a d17a2 honestly i dont have the time to have to worry about shit tht i dont really understand so minus the turbo what could be done to get the most full potential power out of my motor? thanks

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
Well, if you attached it to a crane and hit someone with it at just about full arc, that would be the best way to get the full amount amount of power out of a D17.

If you're not going to do that, then don't fuck with it. Boost is the only way to make power out of a D17 and all you NA guys can kiss my ass because you know its true. Leave the engine alone and get the suspension setup as you will have more fun with it that way. Run just the front Energy Suspension motor mount insert (cost $25) to get rid of your wheel hop, dump it down about 1.5inches on a decent spring/strut combo, leave the camber alone and run an RSX rear sway and leave the front sway alone.

Notice I did not say anything about strut bars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts