Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum but have a question for the masters. I bought a 02 civic ex that had a timing belt snap and one of the valves is bent. I was gonna replace everything with the same head and everything but my buddy has a D17a1 engine that has a decent head on it so i was wondering if i could swap that head onto my D17a2. If it fits, is there anything else i would need to do?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Repair the D17A2 that you have unless you want to dump more money into your car than it would cost to replace the whole motor with a head that will make LESS power than stock.

To install the A1 head you would need to get the ECU/exhaust/o2 sensors and possibly re wire a few things by the ECU. You will need to either get the key and key cylinder from the donor car, or you will have to have to limp the car to the dealer with the old ECU and then swap the ECU and have it flashed for your key.

So please for all purposes get the d17a2 head fixed and check the block for warpage, d17 heads are hard to keep sealed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts